Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I think DALYAN would be ideal for them,only 25 mins from the airport, good quality hotels and very very level ground all along the village, plenty of very good restaurants traffic free shopping area and a few nice bars, plenty of scenery and easy boat trips....in a word IDEAL... :ghug
Calis Beach? It has a sea front promenade, is very flat and 45 mins from the airport.
icmeler.......... marmaris(armutalan and siteler) both flat and buses that run regularly
I have been to calis beech sorry but not to impressed.
What is Icmeler like :?:
Icmeler would be idea and exactly what your looking for the only downside is the transfer from the airport, you are looking at 1 1/2 hours transfer in a private mini bus, if you opt for the coach via tour operator probably more like 3 to 4 hours.
ICF I think Icmeler would be a good resort for you not to big and everything within walking distants.
Side is very flat and only 1 hour transfer.
I'm in my 70's, and my favourite is Bitez, with Icmeler a close second.
Anybody got recommendation for villa's or apartments in Icmeler or Bitez :?:
try this john will sort you out im sure
http://www.Icmeleronline.com
Sorry, not used any apartments in Bitez - but agree with Marn that Bitez and Icemeler would both suit you. Take a look at the Makumba apartments in Bitez, they get good reviews and are very near the beach, restaurants etc. My friends have booked to go there next year so we have checked a load of reviews.
We have just returned from Dalyan, it is beautiful, flat, great for walking.
Very scenic not OTT with music and entertainment. Easy acsess to other places, good dolmus service.20/30 mins from airport
Would be very careful re accomadation as some are way outside the town.
We stayed at the Mehtap hotel excellent small hotel, good ambiance, great hosts, clean well looked after, just outside the town not far to walk, in quiet area. £266, two weeks, with AC and transfer, booked flights with Onur air.
We've been to Dalyan 3 times. It is nice and flat and not at all like Marmaris etc. We have stayed in the Metin and Mandalin Hotels. Both are central but on side streets, so quiet and relaxing.
The only problem with Dalyan is the mozzies, so be warned! I have never been anywhere that's had as many :(
We stayed at the Sirca Apartments in Bitez with First Choice. They get excellent reviews and we certainly had no complaints!
Hi Tishtosh

What did you think of the Metin I'm going there just wondered what it was like.

Lyn
Hi Lynn,
We really liked the Metin. The rooms are a lot larger than most Turkish hotels, unless you get one of the dormer style rooms. The staff are all really friendly and helpful. Brilliant views of the rock tombs from the breakfast terrace too.
It's situated just off the main road so it's nice and quiet, but it's not far to walk to restaurants/bars/shops .
The Mandalinn is just up the road and turn left. You won't be able to miss it - it's bright orange :!:
Have you been to Dalyan before?
Hi Tishtosh

Never been to Dalyan before normally go to Icmeler I'm really looking forward to it but hubby's a bit worried about mossies.

Going in Sept might request a room without dormer as he's 6'4"

Lynn
The mozzies are a major problem in Dalyan with the lake and river being so close. The locals use SinKov to ward them off, and so do I. Hubby swears by drinking whisky :rofl He never gets bitten, so there may be something in it :lol:
Good restaurants are Starfish, Han, Begonvilla, and for something different the Golden Crab where you can get crab guvec (casserole). I'm sure you'll find your own favourites too.

If you like live music (of a sort!) then the Jazz Bar at the opposite end of the town, near where the river narrows and set back a bit, is a good place to go. It outdoors and if the weather gets a bit cool in the evening they light a fire, which adds to the atmosphere. There's also the Blues Bar where the live music is, erm, how shall I say, interesting :!:
The main road is pedestrianised in the evening, so you can wander about without worrying about cars - but watch out for the scooters.

I'm sure you'll all have a lovely time there. Everyone is so friendly.

I've just thought. If you want to avoid the main road where you can get overloaded with "try our restaurant" men, there are lots of back streets you can use to get around. The Metin is perfectly situated for this, if it annoys you.
Thanks for info Tishtosh
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.