Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
We're off to Icmeler on the 21st July and we are budgeting for all 4 (2 Adults a 16yr old & a 14yr old) of us £100.00 per day, with a few hundred over. After posting on here and chatting about prices for meals and the odd day trip i'd say you might struggle. Can you not speak to your bank (overdraft)???

Regards

Stewart
i'm sorry but i think you may find it a bit hard going :(

we are going for 2 weeks and normally budget for £100 a day (2 adults and and 11 year old)

we only eat out once a day (night time) but do drink copious amounts of alcohol :cheers !!!

you can find some cheaper restaurants about but you may be limited to catering for yourselves as supermarkets are quite reasonable, beer is cheaper there too x
It obviously must be possible if you really self-cater, because I presume you spend less than £250 per week on food and drink at home? So it must be better to be doing this in Turkey than just staying at home and self-catering there!
is your child old enough to understand that you will have to cut back on everything? Just thinking of the demands for ice creams etc. I would have thought that if you really do buy and eat and drink everything in your accomodation it would be possible. However,as well as the usual things you would buy at home you will also have to buy water. Hopefully those who live in Turkey will read this and give their opinion.
But then if you go on holiday you don't want to scrape by, you want to enjoy yourself and not worry about money. I'm just giving my opinion but i doubt you could do it for 2 weeks.

Stew
I can get buy with about £25 a day, and have a good time. I only take about £250 with me for spending money and don't usually spend it all. Usually go on a few trips and go out every night.

Go Half board though. My mate is only bringing £150 with him for a week! lol.

But SC, I think you may struggle a bit. But if you could up it to about £800 you could get by ok.
Mind you, I went to bitez in June and on 2 adults and one child I spent £500 for the whole week and that was eating out 3 times a day and we certainly didnt go without on anything. I don't particually drink alot (I don't need to!!!) and I don't want to buy any souvinirs etc. My child is 3 so wouldn't know any better. I would like to eat out of any evening though but will eat local food so am happy to sit and eat set meals etc.
I understand that Stew. But I do think that if you have the right mindset then being in Turkey on a strict budget is better than being at home( and probably losing the money already spent on it). I do think it is easier to do if there are only adults though.
If those resident in Turkey see this and give an idea of what they would spend on a week on food and drink then that would be really helpful.
Helen - is the £500 already set aside for the holiday? If so, remember that you will also have the money you would normally spend at home.
Yes, £500 there is the possibility of a couple of hundred more, but I am not prepared to get over draft etc as don't want to get into debt for the sake of holiday when I have already had a holiday once this year!
Helen - is the £500 already set aside for the holiday? If so, remember that you will also have the money you would normally spend at home.

What about your normal shopping budget that you'd spend at home, you can take 2 weeks out of that for that little bit extra???
Dont forget you will need 3 x £10 entrance visas.
I would say even with supermarket shopping and eating in the apartment, as long as you dont want to go out drinking, have a couple of trips, buy a few T-Shirts,I still think you will be hard pushed.
Has for haveing a good time :que

Gene
We already have valid visas from June, (well I guess they are still valid???)
i think you could do it, maybe by having breakfast and lunch in your apartment, and just eating out at evening time.

you can take jam etc with you, and just buy fresh bread/ fruit daily.

we budget for £100 a day, and thats eating out for all meals, etc

it will do you good to be away in the sunshine, just explain to the children, its the only way you can go on holiday by making cutbacks whilst there.
Have you already paid the vet? For such a large bill most practices will negotiate some sort of installment plan so you could delay some of it till you get back.
Unfortunately its for a horse so it has to be paid within 28 days and then insurance pays it back- but I doubt insurance will pay it back before I go away in 3 weeks time. :que
We can but hope. We are a bit down on our luck at the moment so really need a holiday, but being stuck abroad with no money also doesn't appeal!! :think
Ah, I see. You could always badger the insurance company with calls till they pay out :)
I know what you mean about being away with little money but I think the sunshine will do you good, specially after a run of bad luck. Personally I'd take as much food as you can out with you to self cater breakfast and lunch then have an evening meal out and tell everyone at home there won't be pressies this time.
I should think your 3 year old would think a picnic on the beach was a wonderful idea!
why not take a few things with you to eat at the apt beans etc , if i go s/c i take a couple of things super noodles an some packets of pasta an just make toast or get crusty bread it's usually that warm you dont feel like eating big meals anyway then you can just eat out around 4times a week :tup
the same type of situation happened with us two years back :(

we worked out all of our money and only had around £400 for 10 days ( 2 adults + 2 Children). To raise our money up to £700 we really like went really basic for about 3 weeks before we went! Its a good idea to cut back alot before you go, it also makes you appreciate you holiday alot more! ha!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.