Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Thomson website has clearance discounts for Jul & Aug - must end midnight

http://www.thomson.co.uk/package-holidays.html

Hope u find something.

Lisa :)
Try http://www.otbeach.com My daughter got a good deal at Sun City, Olu Deniz All inclusive £1011 for 2 adults and 2 small children (3 and 4 months)
Thanks

What would you recommend for families marmeris or aylanya
Icmeler, Its only 8 klm from Marmaris, And cheaper also for the majority of things.
found flights for you for
Outbound Thu, 23 Jul 09 17:50
TOM 278 23:55

Inbound Fri, 07 Aug 09 00:55
TOM 279 03:15
Change datesNew Search
3 Adults £ 458.40
2 Children £ 305.60
Taxes & Charges £ 180.90
Total £ 944.90

the 25th july is £1494.90

so that leaves you £500 for apartment :tup
http://flights.thomson.co.uk

hope this helps
Thank you for all of your help.

I have booked for 2 weeks BB in icmeler £1750

Now what do i do about a transfer, do i wait until Im there and get a taxi or mini bus or do i book over here. Also which is the best method of payment travellers cheque credit card or cash. Is there anything else I should be aware of. I land in dalaman at 04.20 in the morning

Thanks again
This seems a lot to pay for a 2 week b&b, Whats your hotel? I would expect at least 4 holidays for that price, Eg, I leave 23rd return 7th August cost per person £221 each and that's everything, Flight, Transfer and Hotel.
Many companies do online transfers.
Take a very small amount of Lira and the rest in English sterling as rates in Uk are Inferior to Turkey, Cash or a Nationwide debit card is your best bets.
rwb46 - where on earth do you get prices like that from. I've just been looking at 3 * B & B in Turkey for next year & they're coming in at around £600pp. That's leaving on the 2nd Aug for 2 weeks.
Helen T, This price was available from all Airports in the Uk at all different dates back in December 08 infact a lot of them were cheaper than what I paid, Unfortunately the company that sold these at that price went bust(Freedom Direct), But as they paid my whole holiday outright when I paid for it in December my holiday was Ok.
The cheapest i could find in the travel agents in town was £2060 for 9 nights self catering

3 adults and 2 kids 2 twin rooms
otbeach i got it from

I thought that was quite a good price
I think that is a good price. You have three children, which means at least 5 full price air tickets, then two rooms. You did OK. Have a great time, you will love it.

These are recommended for transfers on here.
http://www.raintransfer.com/
So I take pound notes and liyra what does the nationwide carch for cash withdrawals and are there many banks in iclemer

Thanks all

Any idea how much I will need?
There are many ATMs in the main square in Icmeler.
If you have a Nationwide card you will get the best rate.
Take sterling and change it there as you will get a better rate.
We used to change it at a supermarket before we got a Nationwide card.
I have got a quote with raintourism amd the quote for 3 adults and 2 children is £73 return shuttle saver. But just says 3 passengers, are kids free? When you click on more info on the left it gives the price at £45 return.

Im confused. What do i book
Try marmaris-transfers.com for a private transfer. We use them often and have always been very pleased, you will be taken straight to your accommodation without stopping off at other hotels. We have also used A2B transfers and used their shuttle bus. You can pay up front in sterling on line by debit or credit card. With marmaris transfers we pay in sterling on arrival. We have always had prompt replies to email enquires and the manager speaks/writes English.
grayson99,

Don't forget about the £10.00 visa per person you have to pay when entering the country, apologies if you are already aware of this.

Happy holidays!!

Claire :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.