EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
Turkish land law
19 Posts
Positive news at last Bryn. It's about time they got their act together. If they can also make a work permit to be part of opening a company then I will start believing in Santa again. :lol:
Hi,

laws are changing every day, it is very easy to start a limited company we have just done it ourselves it took 4 days, and no i don't need a work permit so long as i don't do the manual work all the time, i also have residency that took just a week but that was in the winter time, takes about 4 weeks now its summertime as a limited company i can buy any amount of land, the only restrictions here on land is if they overlook Kos or military land you can only if you have a company here. this law is being reviewed as some english are setting up compnanies to buy properties on restricted land and if there is no activity on the accounts then the property/company will be inspected, and you could lose your property and be fined. :D

Can you post in normal rather than bold type, thanks, Norman. Bawbee
Hi Norman...and welcome. it's interesting what you say about a limited company. Is there anywhere on the net you can verify this. I am not calling you a liar...far from it. If it is true then it would save me a lot of hassle. What do you mean about manual work? if your company is limited then it can do alot of things one of which is consultancy. This means there isn't any manual labour.
look forward to your reply.
One major advantage of setting up a limited company in Turkey is that you do not have to wait 5-6 months for the tapu.
As a Turkish entity, everything can be sorted out straightaway without the need for "military" approvals.
hi guys
no don't have info to back it up only my vergi registration number, we went to 5 different experts who offer to help us set up a company charging anything from £1500.00 to £4000.00, one was even a solicitor!

we are a mangement and maintenance company so yes we can consult, buy, sell rent build, do airport runs, cleaning security etc as well as import and export and a whole host of other things what we are not expected as british owners to cut the lawns and paint the houses etc ourselves but to get workers in, this is what i mean by manual work, for example if we were to open a building only company and were to build a villa, we wouldn't be able to build the house ourselves we wouldd have to use brickies, carpenters electricans etc to do the work and we oversee it...
Interesting Norman.... To set up a limited company costs 1750 YTL to set up and this can be done by a bookeeper. It is sadly true that people can get charged a lot for someone else to negotiate the Turkish system. I was also wondering if there was a government department where all these issues can be addressed... again wishful thinking.... maybe there is a Santa Claus!!!
Hi Chelsea Boy

your right it cost us around £800.00 and an accountant did it for us, also we have a good turkish friends who put us in the right direction so this helped but our english friends put us on to the guys who wanted to earn a lot of money out of us. afraid so on teh government departments bit like the embassey here, i have heard its not a lot of good, and thats if you can find it!!! the more us brits come over the more things change for the better, you just have to have a lot of patience here and things will get done.
wish i'd have moved here years ago...........
Norman,

Can you clasrify a point fore me? Are you saying that if you set up a limited company, manage that company and employ Turkish workers then you do not need to apply for a work permit?

Rimms
depends on what type of company and what work you are doing. For example if you have a bar and employ staff with work permits, or of course Turks, and you sit and manage it then you are OK. You cannot show that you are denying work to legal workers. If you own a company then you can apply for a permit. Its a bit of a paper chase but the info is here... http://www.calisma.gov.tr/CGM/yabanci_personel_basvuru_formu.doc remember everything has to be translated and notorised ...it cost me about 250 YTL and a forest of paper.
OK, so if I want to set up a property management company and I do not intend to pick people up at the airport, wash their towels, clean the villas or mow the lawns myself, I will use local labour for that, my job is to secure the conntracts, manage and co-ordinate the business.

Are you saying that I can set up a limited company, get a residents permit and carry on this business quite legally without having a work permit?

Sounds too good to be true?

Rimms
I have just read on another forum, that the law has not been reinstated, but has been suspended as of tomorrow, so currently it is not possible for foreigners to buy in Turkey. Does anyone have any links to an official explanation of the latest events? Don't believe this can really be the case.
Here is the article - sorry its only in Turkish

This post has been edited for possible copyright reasons. Please feel free to provide a link instead.

Bawbee
Can anyone translate, please?
Alfie the law that has not been reinstated is the 2002 ammendment, which if you are buying a villa inside a Belediye area (town council area) will not affect you it only affects you if you want to buy in a village, or buy a huge plot of land 300 hectares plus. I will sit and try and translate that last post but my turkish is a bit slow so bear with me.
Thanks Bryn. we are interested to know as like anyone who has a holiday property in Turkey we would like to know that should we want or need to sell at some time in the future there would be a market to do so.
Alfie a rough translation of the now deleted article is that the anullment of the 2003 ammendment to the land laws is now complete and technically there are problems for foreigners BUT the new ammendment is ready to be signed and will probably be in place in 2 weeks time, and it further advises estate agents not to worry and to continue selling as was. I should also point out that before the 2003 ammendment there some 22000 land sales to foreigners all it did was to make it easy to buy in villages etc. the new ammendment is likley to restrict the amount of land you can own to about 15,000m2 so unless you have 15-30 villas you have nothing to worry about as it stands. As soon as I hear the new ammendment is in place I will post it.
here is a link to the article

zaman.com/?bl=national&alt=&trh=20050727&hn=22275
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.