Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Your 100% correct, The majority are.
i went to Gumbet (dont know where you're going?!) a couple of years back with a few mates and the Turkish men were a bit over friendly with some of the girls, but mainly with the ones who were very drunk and flirting. I honestly think as long as you dont go anywhere dodgy (keep to the bars) and just say no if they get too close then you will be fine :D
A lot of Turkish men in holiday areas think of English girls as easy, so will try it on. I would be careful about walking home late at night too.
They are very charming Gemma, very charming and very romantic, so although some are full on, others rely on quite literally, charming the pants off you. Be careful and if you decide to indulge in a little free love, practise safe sex.

If out late at night (well morning!) take the same safety precautions for getting back to your accommodation as you would back in the UK for getting home.

Have a fantastic holiday.
I suppose men are the same the world over ,you just have to be more cautious when you are on holiday , especially when you are drinking and partying ,dont take any chances ,stay together and follow the basic safety precautions and I am sure you will be alright . Enjoy Yourself

Bluepeterno1
A well worn saying on one of the Turkey forums - dont leave your knickers at the airport! :lol:
for those of you who think Turkish guys are the real deal...have a quick look at this!
http://groups.msn.com/TURKEYTURKISHLOVERATS----/anyoneknowhim.msnw
:shock: You are all blaming Turkish guys. What about Britt girls?

My reply will be a Turkish saying but dont missunderstand it pls.

If the female dog dont shake her tail then the male dog wont follow her. Everything is up to you females.
Yes they can be (I have a teenage daughter tall blond hair) however don't give them the opportunity be polite, don't flirt, the cultures are entirely different, despite the secular nature of Turkey women are still not as liberated as they are in the UK

Must admit they are very charming, but take it at face value, like men (young and old) the world over given the opportunity they will take it.
i am 25 and had no problem at all with the men in turkey in fact i had some trouble with some english while out one night and the turkish sorted it for me. When i had enough of a night i used to walk through the bar street on my own and get a cab home with no trouble at all, as long as you dont give a come on to them your be just fine.
Hi,

The advice you have been given already about taking the same safety precautions in Turkey, as you do when you're on a night out in your home town, are spot on.

Enjoy your holiday, I'm sure you will.

Elaine
They are as "friendly" as you let them be Gem, some may overstep the mark but as others have said just be careful, as you would at home.
A Turkish friend of mine told me that it was between the English and Danish girls as to who was the easiest :lol: :lol:
A lot of blame does get put on to the resort workers but the girls are just as bad if not worse sometimes.
men
They will be all over you like a rash, but as everyone says they are not all like that only some who fancy them selves as charmers and gigaloes.
Just be aware at all times, stay together and dont accept lifts, you will soon suss out the leary ones, do take time to get to know the nice ones as they are a very genuine race.
I am sure you will have a wonderful holiday, just play it safe. (in more ways than one) :roll:
chelsea boy thank you for posting the link for love rats, i have found turkish men that i remember from when i was out there, thx hayz
gemz, when in oct are you going, i'm off to marmaris oct 15th with my mate.
Been going to turkey for fifteen years now ,been all over turkey and never once have i been accosted by any turkish men .

But then again I am a sixteen stone ,mad Scots man , tee hee :lol: :P
chelsea boy that site should be linked to from here, :shock: there are lots of very sad tales on there, however I do wonder how naive some people can be
:roll:
What a laugh i have just had on the link that was posted. recognised one of the staff from the hotel i went to in june!
same here nat spotted 3 although 2 were just general enquirys to whether anyone knew them as they had crushes on them. The other one though was my hotel photographer named and shamed with photo's. Think generally everyone is different i got on well with him and he really looked after me in a friendly way but you never know if the girls have actually done anything to the men to provoke them sometimes
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.