Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
My point is it is not only turkey ,there are men like this all over the world ,even in yorkshire,i know quite a few unscrupulous characters where i stay but hey it has nothing to do with me.

Bluepeterno1
There seems to be a big difference between the women who go on holidays (and it's certainly not just turkey) looking for men for a bit of fun, dressing and dancing provocatively to get just that and those women who are quite frankly conned by men. It does seem that most press goes to Turkish men for this - but the ones who are doing that are not picking the girls who are 'up for it' in the sense of putting it about, but the ones who are that bit more vulernable. The women who are out for fun and antics will stay that way - they aren't the ones who get hurt. The ones who get hurt are the ones who go away expecting nothing and have their head turned by a man claiming his devotion etc.

There's a big difference between the two from what I've seen.
SandC I think you make a valid point and I agree with you.

Bluepeter said 'even in Yorkshire' - surely not! :lol: although the deckchair hire boys at Barnsley beach do have a bit of a reputation :twisted:
Hi all

I have just returned from Marmaris single mother with a 16year old blonde, what a nightmare some of the men were especially at the hotel. My daughter did not appreciate the attention and I certainly got very annoyed when they were trying to take her nightclubbing. Let me just say the majority of turkish men are lovely and good fun but some you have to be careful. It makes me angry that they think all english girls are easy.
this kind of debate coulld go on forever its easier to say that there are turkish men with no morals and english married women with even less. believe me seen first hand.
Correct tokmak. a certain hotel that i frequent has three woman aged 55/65 who visit 2/3 times a year and there only reason for doing so is to pick up the young male staff members ,one of them only eats at the hotel and stay where ever ,every night ,and they are quite open about it . :shrug

Bluepeterno1
My 16 year old daughter had a holiday romance with a young turkish lad this year who was also 16.

He was very genuine, never tried anything on with her, although was a bit possessive and jealous if she spoke to any other boys etc.

We have been back 2 weeks and he has text or rung her every day, and spoke on msn etc.

I was very sceptical but I have been proved wrong, he genuinely did fall for her, and misses her loads, and we know he has not met anyone since, cos we have friends still out there.

It all depends on the girl and the boy or man, you cannot tar either turkish or english with the same brush. My daughter certainly never gave out the wrong signals, and he was nothing but courteous to her the whole 2 weeks she spent with him. He respected her, her behaviour never suggested she was an easy target, and she definately never wore anything provocative.

I think he genuinly respected her, and I expect they will see each other again next year. She does not want any more than that, although he expects her not to have a boyfriend before next year AT ALL!!! |Unrealistic at 16 i know, but their culture is so very different!!!!!!!!!
Hi Susien,

You're describing a schoolkid crush - something we've all been through in our teens. And that's perfectly natural and harmless. At 16 they're both just kids (it's not that long since he's been out of short trousers! :lol: ) - and by this time next year they'll probably go :yuck at the mere mention of each other's name. It's all part of growing up.

But the situations we're describing here are a different thing altogether. Some of these women, and they are all ages, from 16 to 70, can be very vulnerable for one reason or another, and there's a lot of gigolo's out there who will take advantage of that. They will use them for sex, or for gifts, and very often as a mule to get them into Britain.

Some women have lost everything to these charmers. Their families, their home, all their money...........it sounds unbelievable but it's widespread out there. These men choose to work in the resorts, as they see it as a career with potential; they just collect gullible women, and milk them for what they're worth.

As for the women who go there solely for sex (and they don't mind paying for it either; albeit done under the guise of gifts or loans) that's up to them. But when they flirt with the waiters' in the presence of their
husband :shock: , and children, (sometimes in front of their grandchildren! :shock: ) I find it unacceptable.

It makes Brits look cheap. And most of us aren't. Those few women give the rest of us a bad name; and that's why many Turk's will try their luck with anyfemale, irrespective of age or looks.

Strawberry
i have been to quite a few countries and i am afraid that the english are labelled as "being easy"

and strawberry, i 100% agree with your post, but that too happens in lots of countries, vunerable women will always be a target for greedy men..... :cry:
Sometimes i just cannot fathom out what motivates peopl on this forum.I posted a thread about the turkish plane that was hyjacked ,and it resieved 4 replies. This topic is about other peoples morals and it recieves hundreds .Other peoples morals are nothing to do with anyone else.I dont hear any replies from any woman who have been fleeced in turkey ,although i realise they may be to ashamed to reveal ,i would think there would be at least one or two who would prove the arguement. I think it is about time we left the morals of other people alone and got our priorities right.

Bluepeterno1
Well there is the issue that the morals of some lead to a bad impression on a whole nation.

Rather like football fans thinking we are a nation of thugs because of the bad behaviour of some at foreign football tournaments.
BluePeter - may I refer you to ChelseaBoy's post on page one of this thread. There is a link there to a site that is filled with just such testimonies. My daughter has been hassled several times in Turkey and I'm afraid that the morals of others clearly do impact on us all
Yorkshire boy if people want to read chelsea boys thread ok ,let them join the discussion on that site , this is a holiday forum ,not some kind of agony aunts, as for your daughter being hassled thats hardly the same as being fleeced ,daughters get hit on in any club,disco,or pub where there are mixed sexes , thats human nature ,as far as i can see any turkey virgins who see threads like this will never go there .I have been going to turkey 2/3 times a year for nearly 15 years ,i have seen many a girl,woman, senior citzen, flaunting themselves in front of young turkish guys, mostly brits i may add , but that dont mean i am going to miss cry the lads for doing what comes naturally.

Bluepeterno1
On the contrary I believe that many people avoid Turkey for the reason that they perceive it to be full of men trying to have their wicked way or con you out of your life savings for a visa.

A thread like this can easily convince otherwise that those people are in a minority.

Like it or not, it is the turkish men who time and again are exposed in magazines and newspapers - it's not often you hear the same stories about spaniards or italians (though Tunisians and Egyptians have a fair reputation themselves).

Those of us amongst the thousands who visit Turkey year after year and post on here can allay at least that stereotypical view of the culture as a whole by posting on threads like this.
Turkish men are angels compared to the animals exposed on the Jeremy Kyle show this morning,and they were all british ,now they were con men ,makes you ashamed to be a man . :swear
Bluepeterno1
hi to all, i was trawling some greek review/ tourist type websites this morning , and i have to say (not that i want to, as i am a young british lady :wink: ) it made pretty unattractive reading. on pages supposedly devoted to the reviewing of bars and pubs etc, there was literally pages of foul mouthed argueing between girls of 14 and 15, over who had the barman in the toilets/ on the beach etc, and who he belongs to, these girls were holidaying with their families, some going as far as to say ''the only reason i did not let him have 'it' more was 'cos my mum and dad were always around'' it was so embarrasing to read. believe me i am not old fashioned and i certainly had my moments during my teenage years, which were not really that long ago, but just think, if this is how 14 and 15 are being seen to behave, what sort of a name do us brit girls really have in europe? maybe if self respect was a little more apparent, respect from others would be more forthcoming too-so it is not just turkey, it is all over europe, wherever you find holiday resorts-full of young fellas who know there will be a new selection delivered for them every fortnight...
My sister has just returned from Icmeler. She went with 3 friends and she said that she has had more cheeky comments made to her in our hometown on a Saturday night.
She said that any Turkish men she spoke to were polite and not improper at all. I must add that she is 46 yrs old and is still very pretty but felt totally comfortable there.
She had many compliments but because she behaves in a proper manner no one was offensive, so it just goes to show its the way you behave that brings the attention good or bad. :roll:
We have been visiting turkey for years now with my daughter who is 21 and she has never got involved with any of the lads but, has always been polite and friendly this was until we were there last september and one really nice lad who we have known for a few years asked her out , she very nicely told him she was not interested. Since then he has text her everyday sent her emails and telephoned, but, today she has told him we are going back in three weeks and again he has asked her to be his girlfriend but, this time he has sent her rude and very nasty text messages when she has refused. She is quite hurt as she had always thought of him as a friend and, to be honest neither myself or her dad would have thought he was at all like that. It just shows how wrong we can be about people. Jacqui
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.