Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Sounds like a lucky escape! keep in touch with us Gem, don't let people like him give you a bad feeling about the country or it's people.
Good for you Gem, hey at least you had some summer fun though eh? :D
good for you gem and as chelsae boy say's don't let one bad experience ruining your vierws on this great country :wave
The Turkish friends ive got arent sleezy at all but yea some are. Infact im goin there on my own in Jan to see some of them

:P
I didnt mean some of my turkish friends are sleezy and im going to see them, i meant my friends arent but some turkish men are, that might be why you said your mum must be proud, my post didnt come accross right. Sorry

:whoops

*Edit please do not use phone text on the forum thanks Briar
  • Edited by hibz7 2008-03-28 00:28:20
Sensible girl your mum must be very proud of you !

Good luck for your future. XX
I think that like alot of people have said already that you shoud take the same amount of caution as you would anywhere in the world when going anywhere alone on a night time especially late on when coming out of clubs when there are less people around. But this isnt to say that something is more likely to happen just because you are in Turkey, I would be taking these precautions anywhere in the world.

Are the men flirty?? Yes Definetly!! But most of the time its just harmless fun and is part of their jobs to make you feel good. With younger girls the Turkish lads may not realise how old they are so I wouldnt brand them as perverts just let them know that they are under age and they will stop.

Just be carfull and enjoy your holiday, Im goin early September next year and I cant wait!! :D
Tell me your experiences with them, relationships, friendships, in general, what are your views?

:think

:cheers
being a man i find the turkish men in general very polite and not at all pushy towards women unlike spanish. you do get the usual banter outside shops and the market but this is part of turkey . not sure of a single womans perspective on this. :cheers :cheers
Can't really see the point of this question. You will get those with positive experiences and those who experience is negative so what will you learn? This has been covered before on this forum in any event.
Taxman wrote:
Can't really see the point of this question. You will get those with positive experiences and those who experience is negative so what will you learn? This has been covered before on this forum in any event.

It was to get peoples views and help.... and people were very helpful and yes and in the end I did make up my own mind up but the help and advise that I recived of here did help me.
Gem

My comment was a response to the post made by hibz7 a week ago - not your post. I just couldn't see the point of the question having been asked when we already had the ongoing discussion.
i have been going since i was a child but only the past 3 years been on my own without the "elders" im 21 this year and going with my mum who is also just like one of the girls!
When we used to go with the men of the family and my grandad who's the big man of us lot the men were very friendly and respectfull, still abit cheeky but it a funny harmless way!

As soon as i went with my cousin on our own it was a BIG shock! they are alot more flirty and over friendly but having been going there for a long time i have learnt how to just say no.. and laugh most things off!

Im not saying they are all the same though because i have quite afew very respected, respectfull male friends in turkey who wouldnt dream of disrespecting a female or acting imature and offering young ladys a little more at "happy hour" haha.

90% of the time they are just over friendly, which is better than them being miserable i think! and they will do anything for you which i love, they will go out of their way to run to the shop around the corner just to get you a teabag because you "just fancied a cup of english tea" as i experienced in friends bar in icmeler haha.

One Tip: for the girlies who love a flirt: dont flirt with a turkish man if you dont truelly like him, dont flirt like you would to an english man, english men are used to it, but if u flirt with a turkish man he'll take it as you really really like him! and if u kiss him, your married :que haha just playin but its not like the way you can just kiss a random english guy no strings.! just a tip i wish i'd been told before i started going out with my friends over there :whoops HAHA.
One Tip: for the girlies who love a flirt: dont flirt with a turkish man if you dont truelly like him, dont flirt like you would to an english man, english men are used to it, but if u flirt with a turkish man he'll take it as you really really like him!

Good advise cassiiacameron ,classic case of old head on young shoulders.

Bluepeterno1
Speaking from experience you don't have to "flirt" with some Turkish men for them to get the wrong idea just a simple and friendly hello can be enough for some of them and some don't care if you are with your husband or not.

One quick example .......... we were in Marmaris in one of the bars we like last year and a couple of the staff had left from the years before we got told where they were working and as the bar was near to our hotel we called in to say hello ........ one of the lads got far to overly friendly with me based on the fact that WE meaning my husband of 25 yrs and i had called in to say hello to them!!! :think

We drank our drinks and never called back again.
Never mind them chatting up the women what about the men ? i was in bodrum about 10 years ago with my now ex boyfriend and he was getting eyed up & chatted to by the waiters & guys in clubs when we were together.. i was a bit green eyed as they didnt bother with me :cry
Ha Ha is that why he is your now ex boyfriend :D :rofl
Never mind them chatting up the women what about the men ? i was in bodrum about 10 years ago with my now ex boyfriend and he was getting eyed up & chatted to by the waiters & guys in clubs when we were together.. i was a bit green eyed as they didnt bother with me

take it as a compliment babe they were probably way more jealous of you, plus id also take it as a compliment that they fancied YOUR boyfriend.. and as hot as he was.. you were the one he chose.. which must make you pretty special :tup
..and probably gorgeous too :P
[cass]
thanks for that MissFunky but now as i think about it they were probably just after his lira he was a good tipper..and that was all he was good at ;)
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.