General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
TV Adverts
23 Posts
Have you seen all the Haven adverts?! :yikes :yikes
Many years ago Butlins' used to start their TV campaign on Boxing Day.

The ads are still there but more refined. There are simply more channels and ads these days so depends on what you are watching how many you see.

fwh
So are the Thomson, Thomas Cook etc still doing the big ads?
Not sure. With the advent of cable, sky etc both Thomas Cook and Thomson have there own TV channels. I think that is probably why they have stoped advertising on terestial TV.

I thought I saw an advert for First Choice the other day. :think

Doe
The First Choice ad on tv just seems to show a dad picking up his child and hugging them. Apparently dads can only do this if they are on holiday (preferably with First Choice)!
Saw an advert for Turkey tonight
Bootiful!

tbh these days I watch the adverts then when they're done I can't even remember what they were for!
There are a lot of Centre Parks ads on at the moment, but I think you are right - the individual tour operators don't seem to bombard the breaks as much as they once did. Also, remember there used to be many ads for products like Piz Buin which don't seem as prevalent now.

Another one is the general ads for Turkey which I see quite often.
Hi all
I used to get the thomas cook channel early in the morning on telewest but it went missing. Now thats its virgin does anyone know if they have any travel channels eg. thomson, thomas cook anything really, It really used to get me excited for my hols watching that channel just to see if my hotel came on. Sooooooooo sad i know :rofl
Thanks
Kerrie
Hi
I am sick of hearing the song "I had the time of my life"(from dirty dancing)advertising Sandals Holidays.....or maybe that is because I am jealous that I would never be able to afford to go on one!!!
still only see that Royal Carribean advert and thats it.

By the way does anyone remember some of the old slogans like ho ho hoseasons holidays and "dont just book it thomas cook it"!!!
Hiya Neil, What about old Fred Pontin with his thumb up :tup declaring ` Remember, book early` :rofl
Regards Brigger
There's a First Choice advert on TV at the moment with hundreds of kids running across a gorgeous beach into the sea. I want to know where it was filmed - I reckon somewhere in Fuerteventura, either Corralejo dunes, or down in Jandia, does anyone know?
I love the Thomas Cook advert currently running where they show hoards of package tour holiday makers rushing to grab a sunbed and food in the dining room, compared with the peace and tranquility of a private villa. The background music is 'Run Rabit, Run Rabit' - has me in stitches every time it comes on.
Dont know about anyone else but if i hear SUNSHINE AND LOLLIPOPS (butlins)
just once more i am going to scream :rage Even my kids 10-8 are getting annoyed by it :duh
The current "Ruse" of calling for another bank holiday or giving you one day free is just another advertising ploy.

You do not get a free day - all they do is adjust the price.

I find most ads are an insult to the people they are supposedly aimed at. Because of the skills involved in devising and producing them you just don't realise it.

fwh
You do not get a free day - all they do is adjust the price
I could never work that bit out myself. Surely then is this not a misleading advert as say you booked a 14 day holiday, some people are going to think they are getting 15 days for the price of 14 days.
Very much along the lines now when you arrive at 3.00am and that is counted as one of your nights.

It would not be practicable for them to do 15 nights. It is just the way you show the costings.

They could for example say instead that it was £1,000 for week one and week two was free instead of saying it was £500 per week.

People only read the BIG LETTERS in an ad. Those of us who are a little more switched on look for the catch.

You only need to look at the requests for help here on HT where people have not read the small print.

Have a look here for an example of an ad taking the P*** out of people and they do not realise it.

http://www.visit4info.com/advert/Sure-Sport-Animals-Sure-Deodorant-Range/31951

fwh
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.