Help And Assistance

Need help and advice on using this forum? Post your queries in here.
Adverts on site.
28 Posts
Are these adverts in the threads a new addition, never notice them before, and is it down to the new owners
There's always been a few there Joe, but they do seem to have increased a lot.
Helen iv always known about the adverts, usaully at the vewry top of the page, but now, in the forum posting we have at least 3 different adverts
My son put an ad blocker on my computer and I havent had an ads since on any website. :tup
Jay Trip wrote:
My son put an ad blocker on my computer and I havent had an ads since on any website. :tup

Mmmm, that's a good idea Jay, because I've just had three adverts for Monarch flashing at me (all out of sync and on the same page) with their ghastly yellow, turquoise and shocking pink colours .

Sanji
The ads have only appeared on ONE extra page type today, we are obviously in the process of prepping for website/forum upgrade and I think some code was actually broken previously has been automatically fixed with an update.

Version 2 of the website will hide all ads from members, please hang in there in the interim.

Cheers

Chris
The ads have only appeared on ONE extra page type today

Chris, I've no idea what that means, but I certainly have been seeing 3 adverts on some pages and at one time they were all for Monarch.
Version 2 of the website will hide all ads from members, please hang in there in the interim

:tup
I'm hanging :rofl

Sanji
what adverts ?... doesn't look any different to me ?

(firefox, NoScript... :D )
put ad blocker on...its free...works a treat :wave:
Version 2 of the website will hide all ads from members, please hang in there in the interim.

Chris - not being a techy person, how will this work ? If members can't see the adverts and click on them, how are they going to generate income?
what adverts ?... doesn't look any different to me ?

Askcy I'm on firefox and on this page I have an advert for Hilton honours one for Tourism and one for Hyatt
Helen I have "noscript" addon in firefox, it lets me tell it what will and won't run on a page... mostly I don't allow anything other than the basic page...
That would explain your lack of adverts then Steve. At the moment I have 3 adverts for Vauxhall finance on this page!
As mentioned above Adblock plus gets rid of adverts, last year I felt I was being stalked by adverts for things I had looked at but not any more
Shrimper you almost certainly where being stalked by adverts (as is everyone else )!! Most websites now allow tracking between them and business, advertisers etc... which means they can compile a profile of where you go, what you look at, what attracts your attention, what sort of things you are likely to buy etc and then send adverts to the site you are on to match what is most likely to get your money !

TAKE A LOOK at this http://donottrack.us/

:yikes

ps just because you have blocked seeing the adverts with an AddBlocker, hasn't stopped them tracking you and compiling more and more data about you.... !

Steve
Steve, thankyou I have done Firefox but find IE harder as to which list to choose.Will they stop Quidco tracking ?
if you instal donottrackplus it should block all (I don't use internet explorer or chrome... )
AskCy I don't think shrimper wants to stop Quidco tracking as it's a money back site that needs to track any transactions that have been made through that site.
sorry can't tell you as I don't know how it works with that tracking... probably through links you follow ?
Hi all,

Apologies your seeing increased ads at the moment. Ive been through the code for the new version of the site and turned them all off, so you shouldn't see any Google ads on any of the forum pages. :wave:

Obviously when it goes live if this isn't the case, just give us a shout.

Cheers,
Phil
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.