Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Ugly Bridge
18 Posts
Which bridge is this?
the ugly bridge is the one that crosses the Baga river. Its a concrete bridge totally enclosed, you can googlearth Goa and you will find it, clear as daylight.
Ah got you, know the one you mean. Thanks
hi that bridge was so dangerous, its great to hear it will be gone soon. Did you notice where Sublime restaurant has gone, it was next to the Riverside last season?
cheers Lyn
hi the sublime restaurant is still in the same place with new owners, the old owners have a new restaurant somewhere else in Goa, not sure where. If anyone finds out could they post the info on here?
The last i heard it was somewhere in anjuna
The old owners of Sublime are not running a restaurant this year. The old chef from Sublime - Chris - is running a restaurnet in Anjuna. Not sure where exactly.
Chris has now opened Sublime at Anjuna, which is just past Sacred Heart School (over speed bumps), round the corner, in the garden of Artjuna, on the way to the flea market. If you reach La Franza (also good food) youve gone too far. Food is as good as last year.
Is his restaurant called Sublime? as the origional one is still using that name. Could get confusing for people who have never used the restaurant.
It is (called Sublime) so it is (confusing)!
Hi everyone, going to Goa in November and wondering how they are getting on with the bridge that is to replace the Ugly one.
Hi..
we were there in August...its nearly finished....a large tar-mac road leads up to it....not very nice for Goa in my eyes...
Parts of the old bridge is still under the new one....dismantling it as we speak
Glad to hear it is nearly finished, we are off to Marina Douradha in March adn this will make getting to the beach quicker.
After being ready for ages, they have finally gathered the necessary dignitaries together, and the new Baga bridge will be officially opened today.
we are also going to the Marinha , how long will it now take to the beach,via the bridge?
I imagine it'll take exactly the same time as before - the new bridge is where the old one used to be. Ten mins from Hotel to beach by taxi i'd say
GFF xx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.