UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
uk break?
8 Posts
Perhaps you could tell us in what area of th country you live & how far you would be prepared to travel.
that would help! lol, we live in staffordshire and would travel a few hours maybe up to 4 hours? not sure whats doable with a 3 1/2 -4 month old!
I think it's a good time to take a baby abroad if the price difference is not too great.We took our son to Ibiza when he was just over 6 months and he was no trouble at all,you can sunbathe whilst baby naps,it was easier that year than the next when he was into everything.T.
How about Center Parcs ?
I also would not rule out the Balerics. I travelled with mine from 3 / 12 and they were fine
Lally
I agree, I wouldn't rule out a short overseas trip, ie the balearics etc, obviously the long haul destinations could be a nightmare. What about somewhere like York. There are some nice self catering cottages / facilities on the outskirts, plus its a really interesting place to visit.
Our youngest was 3 months when we took him to Ibiza. Travelling was not really a problem although in those days (he is 20 now) it didn't take 3 months to get through the airport security! If you go to a 'normal' European country that is used to hosting brits then you won't need to take loads of baby stuff as the shops will sell them. One thing we did take was a golf umbrella which we used everywhere to keep the sun off him. We bought a tatty old pushchair from a charity shop which got a real beating while we were there then chucked it in a skip on the last morning so we didn't have to bring it home.
Hi! We started having holidays abroad again a couple of years ago when my youngest was 3 so I can understand your reluctance to go abroad. We had a few holidays in this country and had some really good times. My suggestions for you to look at would be:

Poole in Dorset - fabulous beach at Sandbanks (if you get the weather!) - just like being in the med.

Cornwall - stayed in a few places on the north coast, around the Newquay/Padstow area. Good beaches around Newquay and not far from Perranporth.

Croyde in North Devon, stayed at Ruda holiday park, really nice site and right by beach.

We've always stayed in Holiday parks, not sure if you have considered a caravan or maybe a lodge? But at least on most sites you'll have a swimming pool, entertainment and somewhere to have a drink or meal should you not want to venture too far.

To be honest the only reason why we started going abroad again was because of our terrible weather - if we could only guarantee sunshine I'd always holiday in this country - there are some really beautiful places and it's a shame as a lot of people don't see them!

Let me know if you want any more info on any of these places. Congrats on the baby too!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.