Italy, Rivieras and Islands Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Italy, Rivieras and Islands.
Hi Sammy,

I am assuming you mean the Union Lido campsite thats actually in the village (or on the outskirts of the village) of cavallino???

If so...I stayed at this campsite approx 15 years ago, but visited cavallino again last year.

When I was 15 I stayed at Union Lido...we (as a family) used to travel to Italy most years and normally stayed at the Joker Campsite which is further into Cavallino, one year we broke from tradition and tried the Union Lido.

As far as I can remember the camsite was fine...its absolutely massive...much much bigger than the Joker...

I think we all decided though that we preferred the Joker, just purely because it was a little smaller and closer to the village centre...not for any other reasons.

So sorry I can't give you much more information on the Union campsite itself.

As for kids not in Jesolo town centre....I don't know who's told you this, or why they'd even have such an opinion as I thought it was a VERY child friendly place when I went last year.

To be honest we went for a quiet holiday in cavallino, so only actually went into Jesolo once...the rest of the time we spent in cavallino or Venice and we had a great holiday.

The resteraunts in cavallino are good and reasonably priced (two adults were eating and drinking for approx £25 a night). Obviously the resteraunts in Venice are more expensive but if you wander from the main tourist areas to some of the back streets the then prices really come down.

If you have any further questions please ask and I'll try and help, but I'm sure you'll have a great time.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.