Help And Assistance

Need help and advice on using this forum? Post your queries in here.
Maybe you should tell Admin or Mod as somebody could be poaching members :shock: :lol:
I am just not sure. But the pm referred to my obvious love of Turkey and although I posted there it was to say I didn't like Gumbet!! :lol:
Maybe just SPAM then :wink:
Anyone who spams the site via PM's will be treated very severely. Please contact a member of admin or a mod if you receive any spam PM's.

luci = HT Mod
We had another incident yesterday where a new "member" has been spamming others via PM.

Anybody receiving unwanted PM's or receiving PM's promoting another site or services, please delete it from your inbox and notify a member of the Admin or Moderator team.

We don't tolerate spam and "members" spamming will be banned immediately without discussion.

MarkJ HT Mod
Further to Mark's post above. The member has been banned and their spam site put into our word censor.
Whilst on this topic can anyone tell me why, when I read the hotel reviews, that certain words are highlighted.

When you draw your mouse across an ad comes up?

Is it approved by HT?

fwh
The highlighted words are generated by the software in the hope that viewers click on them. The sites they are linked to are subject relevant.

Not only by clicking on the links does it get you to holiday related websites, it also generates revenue to subsidise the running of the servers.

Mark :D
Thanks Mark. Just as long as it is legit.

fwh
regarding the Spams?

I've just had £308.84 taken out of my account yesterday---but the bank can't give me any details until tomorrow or Thurs as to where it came from!!!!

Could this be connected to anything??

Probably someones got hold of card details-just seem odd that it happened directly after we all got dodgy PM's???????
Thats odd isn't it Dor, I'm sure its just a coincidence. When it happened to me a couple of months ago, it was a load of those card holder not present transactions, mainly to vodaphone. :twisted: Odd amount of money though 308.84

Re the dodgy pm's I think at one point the spamer must have been trying to nick the actually web address (is that what they call the domain?) as I logged in to HT as per ususal but it took me straight to his site. :shock:
Hi put 5 photos to be uploaded onto Nuweiba photo album couple of days ago and only 3 uploaded, any idea why? was it something i did?
Thanks everyone,

Sorted!!!!!!!!!! The call centre gave me a balance with the overdraft removed twice :evil: so I thought money was missing when it wasn't! and the odd amount was because I'd used my card in a shop the previous day!
So at least everythings OK now :lol:
Just to clarify a couple of points:

1. The software running the forums (the means this particular spammer used to advertise their services via PM) is running independently from any other software/files you have on your computer. Nobody can use our facilities to plant software on your computer that in turn takes confidential information from it.

2. For somebody to direct traffic from our http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk address to their website address, they would need to break into one of our servers. Everybody visiting us would then be directed to their website address. We can assure everybody that this has not happened.

Trust this puts minds at ease.

This particular spammer went on a relentless PM sending spree, but was caught fairly quickly thanks to our members reporting it.

MarkJ HT Mod
This is going to the top.

Please note that if anybody receives any unsolicited and unwanted PM's they are urged to advise a member of the Admin- or Moderation team so we can deal with the matter.

We reserve the right to take away a member's PM facility if they are seen to be abusing it.

Many thanks

MarkJ HT Mod
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.