Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
We (Children Walking Tall) will accept any donations, we have been helping out 4 government places this last week giving out clothes, games etc, so we can noramlly use everything that's brought over. Obviously our main concern is children, but we also help the families in the slums and do take clothes for them also and the rag pickers, road workers etc. All oour contact details are on our link below. Hope this helps...
:pele TO anyone and everyone who is going to goa Please Please put a few extra T shirts in you case ....give them to the lads in the beach shacks ...they will look after you every day when your in goa .....so it would be so nice to give them a T shirt as a thankyou before you go home or even the lads who do your hotel rooms ...........at the end of the day its better than us all chucking them in the bin...... :pele :pele
hi
we've always taken & left mens t shirts (near new) for our room cleaners - just told them when we leave to help themselves to anything we've left - usually toiletries,tshirts, tea bags,coffee etc. they always seem thrilled!! esp as my husb has usually just received a couple of brand new nike/adidas t's from his mum for xmas that are always too small for him & he will never wear back home!!!
Bar Staff and Cleaners get a good deal, most taking home 8000+ Rs/- a month through money tips etc... This is 5 - 8 times as much as the people working on the roads... OK, they might get a minimum wage but everybody tips some people tip huge amounts that go to the waiters/cleaners etc...
Give any unwanted items to rob at children walking tall i say!!!!! (just my opinion!)
I agree, Rob will have a much better idea who will need them most and we shall bring a load out with us in April
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.