Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Do they have tourist police in Sharm like they do in Luxor or Cairo. If so, I would take a trip to the police station and report it there.

I am sorry for your niece and can only hope she can get some help.
Thank you. I Did say to my brother did they report it to the police.

But he said that the hotel did not suggest it. Maybe he should insist.
Of course the hotel won't suggest it and will play down the incident as much as it can because of a possible connection with liability and also risk of poor publicity.

It's your brother who needs to go to the tourist police, and if possible, get the holiday company to provide a rep and!or interpreter to go with them to help with communication. Poor girl. I hope she will come out of the situation ok. It's not funny and should be treated seriously.
What a horrible thing to happen.....as others have suggested I would go to the tourist police. He may have been 'fired' but he could easily reappear once their holiday is over if you know what I mean. It needs proper investigation and an assurance this sicko isn't going to do the same to anyone else....let's be honest at the moment he is free to walk down the street and do it to another girl.

Thomas Cook in my opinion need to do a lot more than just adopt the attitude that everything's okay now....for your niece it's not all okay and may not be for some considerable time to come. Upon their return home I would suggest they see their GP and ask about counselling for her, after what she's gone thru' it will probably help her.

I would suggest as well as seeking police involvement that they have some sort of written confirmation from the Thomas Cook rep as to what has been done in resort, just so they don't return home and Thomas Cook say they know nothing about it.

Thinking of your niece, thank God she got away from this sicko.
Wendywoo......makes my skin crawl....but in reality it is a difficult situation to fully resolve when you are only going to be in a country for a short period of time before you need leave to return home.....given the cost of returning for courts ect not many would see it through to a proper conclusion.....and reps hotel management ect realise this.....they have done all they can reasonably do by instantly sacking the cleaner.....and hopefully they will pass his details on to others...

Thank god your niece managed to get away before anything more serious happened...but it worries me...especially as she is a childlike 14yr old.....that this man has a liking for children....what if the next one he tries it on is a 8 or 9 yr old....not as able to get away... things could go further with another child in the future....for this reason I think your brother should report it to the police.....I dont know about the tourist police that have been mentioned....but they will be tourist police for a reason....to deal with this kind of situation .....if rep not interested then phone thomascook direct and report it.....it happened in one of there hotels and they need to find out if thier rep had dealt properly with it.....as this incident is seious and involves the safety of children on one their holidays.....tweetie
Thanks i have text him this info straight away.

Yes this is not the normal flirting between the waiters and older teenage girls that we have experienced when we have been to Egypt. My neice looks like a little girl and you would place her younger than her years.

This man has pedo traits. I dont even like typing it online it makes me feel sick.
Absolutely they need to report this incident to the Police. He is known to the Hotel so there is no difficulty in the Police contacting him and hopefully arresting him for this sexual assault.

Sue
It is actually a little more complicated in my opinion. First port of call would be the manager and the tour rep. Then the police. The tour operator rep should also assist you in this. I would also suggest that the rep should contact the UK and report this. Also in my opinion they should contact the British Consulate as there are legal implications here and their job is to assist you in such circumstances.

I have pasted over the contact details for these. Remember that once you involve police with such a serious allegation then should a prosecution follow then it involves attending court to give evidence.

Cairo British Embassy
Address: 7 Ahmed Ragheb Street
Garden City
Cairo
Telephone General: (20) (2) 794 0852
Telephone General: (20) (2) 794 0850

Luxor - British Honorary Consular
Address: Gaddis Hotel
Khaled Ibn El Walid Street
Luxor
Telephone General: (20) (95) 382838

Alexandria - British Consulate-General
Address: 3 Mina Street
Kafr Abdou
Roushdi
Ramley Alexandria , 21529
Telephone General: (20) (3) 5467001
Telephone Emergency: (20) (3) 5467002

Suez - British Honorary Consul
Address: HS Supply Co.
9 El-Galaa Street
Suez
Telephone General: (20) (62) 313872
Very good advice in fact excellent advice fwh. I am very concerned for this little girl and I don't think it is good enough to do nothing. The Travel Company do have a responsibility to step in and assist you.

Sue
Thank you fwh.

My brother has just replied that he has obtained a written report from the TC rep. She agrees now that it should be reported to the police.

He is just a bit concerned about the fact that if they report it to the police then the Egyptian police would have to interview my neice. It is hard enough in these cases as a young girl being dealt with by the british police.

I said to him this morning i would post on this forum because there are some very knowledgeable and kind people on here and you have not let me down :tup
He is just a bit concerned about the fact that if they report it to the police then the Egyptian police would have to interview my niece. It is hard enough in these cases as a young girl being dealt with by the British police.

Which is exactly why contact should be made with the consul. Even better would be to contact the police in the UK. They should be able to get things moving or contact the Foreign Office on 020 7008 1500

It is not only a distressing situation but very serious. If none of them will listen contact one of the national papers like NOW!

fwh
What good advice you've given fwh I'm sure the national papers will soon get things moving, I feel so sorry for the poor young girl it will take her a long time to get over this. Something has to be done quickly as this man is free to do anything to innocent girls.
Again fwh very good advice. As you say this matter is a very serious one and needs to be dealt with even though it is very distressing for the girl involved.
The fact that it is being taken seriously will let her know that what he did was wrong and he must not walk away from it will in the long run help her. It is so hard for all this family are having to go through but I know they want to do what is right.
I will keep them all in my thoughts that they get all the assistance and support they need at this difficult time.

Sue
I have nothing to add to the excellent advice provided so far as to what to do in the immedaite aftermath of this incident but would suggest that once they return to this country that if your niece is still experienceing distress over this incident that they seriously consider contacting one of the many Rape and Sexual Abuse Centres - if you PM me with a broad indication of the geographic area they live in, I can PM you more specific contact details for the nearest centre. The services they provide are free and they would be able to put her in touch with an experienced counsellor and also provide ongoing advice and support in any dealings with the UK police in the event of there being a court case etc.

One of the common responses of girls and women who are victims of this sort of crime is to think that they are somehow responsible for what happened, that it happened because of something they did or should have done. This is of course completely untrue and absolute nonsense but it doesn't stop them becoming anxious that there must have been something they could have done to stop it happening to them. Enabling them to understand that they are not responsible as well as helping them to develop 'coping' strategies and in this instance preventing your niece's current way of dealing with the trauma (ie not letting her Mum and Dad out of her sight) from becoming a long term learnt behaviour pattern as a result ,is one of the most valuable things they can provide her with for the future. It will help her regain her confidence and not only enjoy life but develop what at her age should be a growing sense of independence and not dependence on her Mum and Dad.

Because most also offer basic self-defence classes etc or can direct her to where she can take them, it will also help her develop the sort of skills that will stand her in good stead when the time comes for her to consider going off to University etc. Over the years I have come to realise that these are really valuable for young women, not because it enables them to physically repel an attacker but because it gives them the self-confidence to be assertive, stand up for themselves and not come over to a potential molester as an easy target.

SM
Wendywu - with the good advice already given on here, your niece will hopefully have the help and support she needs to get over this nightmare situation in time.
Just wanted to let you know am thinking of her and hers - especially as I've 3 girls of my own xx

Kind regards
Would your family feel better if they were moved from this hotel Wendy? I don't know how long they have left of their holiday but am wondering if your niece would feel more at ease not being in the room where this incident took place.
Their holiday is nearly at an end only a couple more days now.

Although my brother did not take his lap top with him ( he said why would i need to do that? well for cases of importance like this was my answer) i realised my sister in law had her i phone with her. So i pointed him in the direction of my thread.

I know he has read all the replies as he texted me to say he has read them and thanks.

I will up date everyone when i speak to him on his return.
I don't want to appear harsh or unsympathetic, but from the legal point of view I think this is going nowhere with or without the assistance of the British Consul.

I'm putting on the hat I used to wear, (tall, dark and with shiny bits if you get my meaning), and I can tell you that this case appears to rely solely word of the niece against the cleaner, and if he denies it, which I am sure he will, that's it.

I wouldn't have the niece subjected to what might not be gentle interview as the investigating officer tries to get to the truth.

By all means get her counselling etc, on her return home, but I doubt if anyone is going to end up before a court in Egypt.

Peter
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.