Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Peter,

You beat me to it by 30 seconds !!!!

Nichola,

At the end of October with the majority of the kids back at school there should be loads of apartments for rent.

Daytime flights with Excel MCR-TFS (27 Oct) and TFS-MCR (3 Nov) are £118 each - need to use Telegraph as the promo code to get £15 discount. BA prices too silly to mention.

A 1 bed apartment in LC should be around £260 for the week and taxis from TFS to LC are around €20 each way. Based on my rough estimates

Flights £240
Accom £260
Taxi £ 30

Hol for 2 (food / drinks extra) £530 ish

Chris
Does anyone know of any good reliable sites to use for accommodation? I usually always book a package holiday.
Does anyone know of any good reliable sites to use for accommodation? I usually always book a package holiday.

If you look under the private apartments section on the main forum, you will find a thread that has all DIY accommodation.

I have four apartments, but none actually available for your exact dates....however if you have flexibility we should be able to accommodate.....please click the link below................also, HOLIDAYTRUTH members receive a 10% discount, simply enter HT in the promotional code box in order to receive this.

Also click here http://www.Villarenters.com/default.asp?rag=12776N&rcam=textlink literally hundreds of privately owned properties for you on here

vvv
Thanks for the replies and I think if I wasn't going too soon and in too much of a rush and panic to book I would do a DIY, however, I think I will go for the package deal at this time.

My indecision has paid off and I have just booked Parque de la Paz with Direct for £438. :lol:
Nichola,

Have a great time.

For the future please consider DIY as it's where you can get the best of both worlds, much lower costs and often when staying in privately rented apartments you get those personal touches that you do not get in clinically prepared hotel rooms ie maybe a supply of books, a picture hung on the wall and not nailed (so you cant pinch it), clocks on the wall, salt / pepper etc in the cupboards etc etc.

I know its not a lot but it does make it feel a little like your place.

Chris
diy is the way to go.... ive said it before, and ill say it again!!!!!!!!!!
No way!!! Just figured out for 1 week at torviscas playa DIY and including flights/acc(half board)/taxi it comes to roughly £1125 for 2 adults.
Booked with Eclipse and it's £948.
Eclipse is the way!!!!!
No way!!! Just figured out for 1 week at torviscas playa DIY and including flights/acc(half board)/taxi it comes to roughly £1125 for 2 adults.
Booked with Eclipse and it's £948.
Eclipse is the way!!!!!

Think you have crossed wires................by DIY, it means, in general, renting a privately owned apartment, and booking your own flights and transfers.

The Torviscas Playa is a hotel, with no privately owned accommodation, and I would say it would be very rare that a DIY privately owned apartment would offer a half board service.

But in saying that, it is also possible to go DIY by booking your hotel and flights separately through the internet or direct with the hotel

What an idea, me trotting around with my waitress uniform and cooking for my guests :rofl
In August, I booked flights from Manchester to Tenerife for £107 each. If I had booked a month before that, I could have got them for less than £80 each.
I booked accomodation at the Comodoro (ok, it's very basic), for £156.00 for a week.
So a week for the two of us in November has cost us around £130 each. Can't get much cheaper than that!
All I have to do is book transfers.
Guys I am so so jealous of all of these late deals and diy hols you arrange form the UK. Its so much more expensive from Ireland. We need more competition!!! :?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.