EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
the tapu is not delayed due to the government holidays but due to new laws which will be sorted out when parliament reconvenes on oct the first.
in july the government suspended the law which allowed foreigners to buy property..anyone making a contract before july the 27th is protected.
in reality it is unlikely that foreigners will be unable to buy..but there will be restrictions on the amount of land they can buy.
''technically'' the property is not yours until you have the Tapu. have a look at the turkish living forum where there are lots of expats who have bought are or buying in different parts of Turkey. im sure you will find someone who is in the process of buying near bodrum..i'll look out for you over there.
Hi We bought a property in bodrum penn. we used our property a couple off times before we got tapu. we had to wait nearly 6 months for tapu. and yes it is abit worrying until you get it but it is really a formatily. We paid all our money upfront. if i can help please ask.
Hi, we bought beginning of July on the Bodrum Penisula. No sign of Tapu yet, but we have been told we can use property anytime. We have paid two thirds up front. we are going over in October to furnish etc. There does'nt seem to be any problem with that. It just appears to be the way things are done.
Lynn/Allan A lot of the more enlightened developers have been offering occupancy on 50% down as it has been taking so long to get Tapu. This is not unusaul at the moment but if you put the money down make sure your contract is adjusted to reflect this and protects you against any curved balls the govt may throw with the new law.
Lynn
I have PM'd you as the email address you sent me didnt work
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.