Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi Schnittelein,
I've used my Nationwide C/Card (no charge for using abroad) to pay for meals etc - never had a problem.

Toffeeman
Hi and welcome to HT!

Be aware that if you withdraw cash using a credit card you will be charged interest at a fairly high rate from the moment you take it out. You are better using a debit card to get cash.

luci :wave
don't use credit card in every restaurant .
maybe in big places or otels or supermarket. not everywhere...
if you can see the pos machine , no problem. if you can't , I think don't use.
My friends say me '' you have paranois''
but I m not paranoiac . Some evil-mindeds can take your credit card number.
always remember when and where you take money out. In Hisaronu we were charged twice for taking out 150 pounds, and we had to prove we didnt take the second amount out. It turned out there was a power cut and some how our transaction was put through twice, took us months for us to get our 150 pounds back from our bank though.
hi becci ;
I think paranois are good.I don't use my card everywhere and internet.
VERY IMPORTANT THIS.

Make sure you tell your bank/credit card provider that you will be away in Turkey and the dates.

This will ensure that your card is not suspended because it will show up (to them) as irregular spending habits in an irregular place and therefore they may stop it because it has been lost or stolen and to avoid fraudulent transactions.
Alsacienne ;
Are you french , armenian or greek?
I don't say that never use ...
You talk about Colombia or Armenia ?
Alsacienne,

Last year I informed my credit card company that I would be using my card in Turkey. Told them the dates I would be away and left them my mobile number, so they could contact me if neccessary.
They did contact me - but, on my home phone number!!, on a date I told them I would be away!!!
Makes you wonder why you bother???
Denny
debit cards are the best way to withdraw cash if you have to but check with your bank before you travel
credit cards tends to work out more expensive although you do have a gaurantee with them on faulty goods also if you staying at a hotel its worth hiring a safe as these cards are your identity and alot of information is stored on them
remember its no different to the uk you get good and bad in every country so don't make it easy
:sun2 :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.