Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
We decided to visit Valletta at night when we were over last year - got there around 9pm and found it really weird. I think the only thing that was open was one of the bars in the square - and that was really quiet. Even Olly's Bar was shut! :o
Can anyone please tell me where I can find Olly's bar?
Hi Mark and Nicky, I'm presuming that you all mean the pub that Oliver Reid died in, if so there is no such bar known as Ollie's bar, the Bar that Oliver Reid unfortunately died in is called "The Pub" and it is on
Triq-Arcisqof (Archbishops Street) in Valletta which is at the bottom end of Republika Street very close to Palace square as it starts to dip towards Fort St Elmo, "The Pub" is actually subtitled "Ollies Last Stand" and they have numerous photos of him enjoying a pint with some sailors, and also at the bar with some locals etc, and I think that there is some tacky souveneirs on sale ie, mugs and such other tat, I have to say that it is an ordinary kind of place that is worth popping in for a quick pint or five, but it is nothing special, I do recall it having a very dodgy staircase with a railing that wobbled sideways if you were to touch it, hope this has helped.

Regards
Sliema2
Thanks Sliema2, I do intend to have a drink or two once I've found the place.
8 Lagers, 12 double Rums and half a bottle of whisky :yikes ....Ollie's last order :wow
http://www.olliereed.co.uk/pub.shtml
Thanks ingliza thats exactly as I remember it, you can even see the rickety staircase in the photos, it deffinitely wobbled to one side, or could it of been me ? :oops: :glynis

Sliema2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.