Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
veggie
12 Posts
Hi, If you specify where you are staying then people on here may be able point you in the right direction.

Sue :) :)
Hi Sue

Staying at the Pueblo on H/B basis. Been to Benidorm twice before but wasn't a veggie then.
I'm a little confused here :? If you are staying half board then you won't have the facilities to prepare or cook food so you're going to be a bit limited as to what you can buy in the supermarket. In my experience all hotels these days cater perfectly well for veggies, they usually have an excellent choice of salads e.t.c. and whilst you may not find nut roasts and the like I'm sure you won't starve.
There is a medium size supermarket just 5 minutes from where you are staying. I think that it is on Calle Ibiza. They sell most things, my favourite been the freshly baked baguette's. Mm Mm.............

Have a great Holiday

Sue :)
Hi Sue

Thanks for your comments. It is mainly veggie sandwich fillers for lunchtime that im interested in or restaurants with a good veggie menu. The freshly baked baguettes do sound very tempting. 8) [/img]
There is a 'chain' of Take Away Sandwich Outlets in Benidorm where you can go inside and ask them to make up sandwiches with fillings of your choice. Including Vegetarian selections. They are not sandwiches as we know them, ie bread 'doorstops'....more like Rolls. But they are BIG rolls and VERY filling, although not particualy cheap....NOT expensive mind, but not cheap. Sorry, I cannot remember what theses places are called but there are at least three of them that I am aware of and one is situated on the row of shops and bars etc on the seafront.

If you pick up some copies of 'About Town' you should find they contain Discount Vouchers inside which will let you make some generous savings.

Here is a uselful spanish phrase for you:-

Have you got any vegetarian tapas?

¿Tiene tapas vegeterianas?
Do you mean "Subway" they are a chain and offer discount vouchers.

There is also a stall in the indoor market that have nice sandwiches and lovely trifles too. Mmmmmm.........

Sue :) :)
Have to agree with you there Sue, we used to buy our lunch for the beach there and we always ended up with a cake for afters. Yes the chain of shops is called Subway. :)
Do you mean "Subway" they are a chain and offer discount vouchers.

YES!! Thats it...thank you, I DID mean 'Subway'. I could not for the life of me remember the name, but that is it. Thanks for that....SUBWAY....thats the place.

This is the Website for Subway......it gives you the locations of all their outlets :arrow:

http://www.subway.com/subwayroot/index.aspx

And here is a link to the SUBWAY Restuarant in Benidorm :arrow:

http://www.local.subway.com/FranWebCons/frmMainStoreWebPage.aspx?CC=SPA&LC=ENG&SS=21483-0&MS=21483-0

Take a look at the 'Veggie Delite' :-Chopped Lettuce, Red Onions, Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Peppers, Olives and Carrots.

That should fit your bill :wink:
I have just remembered about a really nice pizza restaurant that you might like. It's near dove park in the old town. It's facing where the little train stops then left up the hill. Sorry if I'm a little vague but perhaps someone else will know where I mean. It's on the left as you go up and I think that they have green table cloths. We went once but the next time we visited, we sat a few tables away because we thought that we'd get a bit more sun :sun It back fired because those tables belonged to another restaurant :oops: The meal was ok there but not as nice as the other one. I'll remember next time we visit to make sure that we get the right place. :)

Sue :)
Thanks guys for all your suggestions. We will definitely have fun searching out all the eateries you recommend. keeping my fingers crossed the weather stays hot and sunny. :D 8)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.