Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
Hi Paul
Have not been to vilamendoo, but have been to lily beach twice and will be there again early feb 05, Vilamendoo can be seen from lily beach its a bit bigger and has a good reputation, flying Emirates this year, would like to know how it goes with Qatar.

Have a great time.

Regards
Joe :sun
Hi Joe, yes I will gladly let you know how it goes with Qatar. One thing I am already impressed with is that Virgin (that's who my holiday is with) let slip that you can pre book your seats if you phone Qatar Airways direct, so I did........ I have seats on all 4 flights pre booked, 2 of them with even more leg room (the standard is 32" anyway) at no extra cost! Maybe Emirates do the same? Roll on Feb 6th!!

Has no-one ANY info on Vilamendhoo? Please?
Were off to Vilamendhoo on 16 April, last year we were on the Island of Villivaru so we have a basic idea of the Maldives. We need info on Vilamendhoo. Were heavely into snorkeling and doing nothing.
Whats a good room number?
Hi Loxley,

Having returned from Vil at the end of Feb this year, I can honestly say that any room from 113-129ish are good. They are all on the South West side of the island. At this time of year, it is sheltered from the wind on the North side of the island and has the best beach. It is also a fantastic part of the island for snorkelling (mind you, all of the island is good for that anyway). They are also close to the Sunset bar, which is an advantage! Do not listen to other reports about noise from the Sunset bar, it will not have any impact on you at all...... even if you do manage to hear a slight squeak in the distance (must have been VERY picky people to have mentioned it at all)!! Enjoy, it is a fantastic island and the staff are the best we have ever come across (and that was our 4th Maldives island......and our favourite).
8)
New to this site and have been reading Maldives discussion Forum but tooo many pages to read it all just yet. Has anyone mentioned Vilamendhoo? Myself and my wife have been there 3 times and are off again for 2 weeks over Xmas/New Year.
Fabulous Island - couldn't wish for more - no pool on the Island but who cares, the Indian Ocean is there!
Right, see now if I've got this right when I try and Post it?
Finding my way round this site a bit better now - and have found this on Vilamendhoo. Have been there 3 times in the past and going again for 2 weeks this Xmas. We absolutely love it there - often thought of going to a different Island but never like to take the chance. Vilamendhoo is fabulous as far as we're concerned - we were ther last Xmas for the Tsunami but fortunately the Island was hardly affected. Would recommend the Island to anyone and have plenty of piccies if anyone wants some?
Hi Nikki - have a look at Vilamendhoo, it's brilliant. Been 3 times and going again for 2 weeks at Xmas. Superb service, unspoilt Island. However, Maldives really is more of a total chill-out rather than Disco - having said that, the main Bar on Vilamendhoo is always lively in the evening with lots of different people to talk with - the Sunset Bar is the 'Disco' Bar and is noisier but does not seem to get so many people. No swimming pool on Vilamendhoo but that never bothers us - the Indian Ocean is warmer than most pools I've been in. Can't recommend it enough basically
Happy hunting
Martin
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.