Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Hello Tracan, I went to this so called residential a few years ago and this is one place I and my wife have said we will never go to again.
It does look nice in the brochure and you may be lucky if you get to get a room looking over Albufeira on the top floor then these are great for the veiw, the rooms are two hard beds and little else, the breakfast is a joke you have to stand out side in the street and wait for the people to open the door some times up to 15 minutes for a bit of bread and butter and a cup of tea. The pool is so boring with the bar again in the street if you want a drink, the picture in some brochures with a man with a tray of drinks is the owner and this is just for the brochure only, we paid for a safe to keep our passports and money and all we got was a enverlope that was kept in the office safe and you could only get your things if the staff were there, and on the last night of our holiday they told us we would have to keep it in our room as there would be no one at the desk to give us our things in the morning, so we had to keep them in our room.
So if I were you I would look to use another hotel for your holiday as this place is over priced for what you get in my veiw not much more than a Greek studio and a cheap one at that.

The money you are taking sould see you through food in Portugal is very good value for money as are the drinks, you can get around on the local bus and taxi's are not a rip of but as with all places fix a price first. For not much more you could stay at a 4* hotel than here.
Hope this a bit of a help.

Dave
i myself booked into these aparts a couple of years ago, cos of nooone recommending it, i cancelled and went to cerro da marina instead. glad we did. we did have a drink in the bar of these aparts though and it seemed ok for a bar, but i would have fancied queuing up for my brekkie to get in
i have just booked 9 days in the hotel rocamar b & b and it was cheaper than vila bela- although this is going with jet in sept
thanks very much for the information i will take another look at brochure ,one of the reasons i looked at villa bela was because it looked in a romantic setting just shows how pictures can be deceiving
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.