Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
If it is the property I know as this name it is not in Coral bay but near by Peyia village, you may need transport as it really is a long walk to Coral Bay, the village does have some good eating places Peyia Tavern being a favourite of mine (was in there last night) but there others too, plus one pub, called the Jail Pub..You have an uphill walk to the village 1.5kilometers, and it is steep!! fit only!!

Peyia is a sprawling village that has been overdeveloped but although I have now moved away I still love this area, I am sure your children will be in the pool most days so they will be well occupied, and the beach is only a few minutes drive away..

http://www.cosmos.co.uk/Villas/Cyprus/Cyprus/Coral-Bay/Accommodation/Villa-Dalia/JGNF/

http://images.cosmos.co.uk/images/Product_large/jgnf_vp5cydale4.jpg
Thankyou for your reply, yes it is the correct villa, we haven't at the moment arranged transport. Is it cheaper to do when you get there, and do you know how much we can expect to pay, there are 8 of us.

What is the cost from the airport likely to be, sorry to attack you with all these questions, but it is really nice to be able to be in contact with someone who knows where we are going, as this is our first time to Cyprus.

What is the food in Cyprus like, are there plenty of places with English food, mainly for the fussy kids !!
Wow that looks lovely.

Sarah
Car rental, we normally recommned George at Easyrent, nothing to do with Virgin company!! you will find his contact number on my website or on just about all Pafos related web sites..

Taxi from the airport will cost depending on time of arrival, nights cost more, but £20 to £25, but there are a lot of you so you may need to hire a mini coach!! no idea of the cost as I have never done either, George will leave the car at Pafos international for you!!

Food, you can get any type of food here but please do try at least some local food not just burgers and chips, have one ''Meze'' (lots of small plates of local meat and veg) apart from this Pafos is as international as anywhere else in the world, you can spend from £5 a head to £100 a head, depends on what you are used to eating, it is far from stereotyped here..

Kentucky, MacDon's, fish & chips, curry houses and Chinese, plus just about everything else, you will not go hungry...my advice drive inland a few miles and try the local tavernas, you can buy all the rest back home so do try the fantastic food we have on the island, avoid tourist areas if possible, you will save money AND get better fed!

Although a Turkish word, the Cypriots also have a Meze often in Tavernas, this is traditional Cyprus food, once a week a must for me..

A meze..

http://www.cypriot.ru/culture/cuisine/images/14-meze.jpg
That looks lovely too! :lol:
should not have looked at this thered having just got back from a few pints of black shhep...

I NOW feel hungry

wizard
Must have been strong too..should that be sheep? :lol:

Miss the real ale.. :cry:
Really grateful for all your feedback, hope you don't mind all the questions.

Is there a bus service that runs from near this villa, into Coral Bay or into Paphos. The bar that you mentioned in the village are children allowed in, and is there anything on for them.

As we are self catering, how far are we from a supermarket.
This is Cyprus all bars allow children!!!

There is an irregular bus service but rarely seen from Coral bay to Peyia, from Coral Bay/Corallia bus terminus (Coral Bay piazza) to the harbour in Kato Pafos there is a good bus service.

Taxi's are reasonable and no doubt your villa will have details there with contacts, but as posted you will need transport..
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.