Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Yes Jodie, never leave anything of value in your hotelroom or appartment. Criminals are everywhere... :cry:

Peter
Sorry to hear about your misfortune but am interested to know if your safe was broken open by force or opened by key? also how was the Villa entered? Were the local police ok with you? Was this villa Helga Cala Egos? or elseware? (too many questions)
28SAC.
Hi Jodie

Just to say how sorry I am about your holiday. I know how much you were looking forward to it beforehand. I would be interested to know whether it was due to neglect on the part of the hotel or whether it was just 'unpreventable'. (I know here in England you can alarm your house, your car, keep your windows locked etc and a determined thief can still find a way in )! It is so sad. :cry:

All the best xx
Have just read the complaints board and see you have placed a post on there answering the question I asked. I know it is easy to talk with hindsight so I am not saying you should have done anything differently but I will certainly not rely on a 'safe' being totally secure from now on.

best wishes

Tippix
Have answered on the other forum - really sorry to hear about what happened - as Tippi says hindsight is a wonderful thing.

All I can really add is that I hope anyone planning on travelling with all their holiday spends as cash has a re-think after your experience.

Hope you can get something sorted with your insurance.
thanks for all your replys, the villa was entered through force, breaking the shutters, and the safe dismantled with extream ease, very little sign of damage to the safe, the villa had shutters, with french doors, but no locks on french doors, only bolts at top and bottom of shutters, which were yanked off, the villa was in cala dor, and this really spoilt our holiday, just got to see what i can claim back now, the police were good and gave me my denunciando, so just have to wait for my claim form, the villa itself was lovely , just not secure at all , :(
Have you checked back thru' reviews to see if there have been an similar incidents in the past?

If there have it might be worth while complaining to tour operator if they have been aware of the problem and nothing has been done from a security point of view to stop it happening again.

Tis

PS - I think some peeps have decided I was giving you a lecture on the other board and making you feel worse - if that's the way I came across I apologise - that wasn't my intention. :cry:
no thats ok, they told us when we got there that the apartment upstairs had been broken into the week earlier, ( but not in the safe) i think i can argue to the tour operator that we should of been informed before hand , i,e before travelling to the villa that it was not a secure place to stay, what do you think?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.