Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Re: Villamartin
42 Posts
Thanks will certainly try both places - 5 weeks and counting - yipee yipee :sun2
Hi, has anyone been to the El Toro Steakhouse which is on the Torremendo road, on the La Oficina Urbanisation. It seems to have had a pretty good review, but you usually get a more honest view on this type of website. Thanks
hi hope someone can give me some info on how far away from everthing our villa is .It is called chateau el gallan in villamartin and is 2 villas in one property if anyone can help would be grateful.We do not wish to drive anywhere as there is 13 of us and would need to hire mini bus which i think would be a bit expensive.
Hi Beeny 42. I live in Villamartin so maybe can help. The name of a villa would not normally mean anything other than the clue EL GALLAN in its name. El Galan in a large urbanisation in Villamartin, it does have a few bars a couple of Indian and Chinese Restaurants but of course nothing on the scale of Benidorm etc., It is also about ten minutes drive from the nearest beach at La Zenia so dependent on the time of year you are coming you may need taxis. Have you contacted the owners of the villa to see what is around the area? If you get stuck I can give you the contact details of the only (legal) transport in the area for parties the size of yours.
El Galan is an urbanization midway between Campoamor and Villamartin golf courses.

Not a particularly lively place, and certainly too far to walk to anywhere worthwhile.

I would advise that you hire a couple of 7 seaters for your stay; it would work out cheaper than a fleet of taxis, and you would save on airport transfers.

There are plenty of attractions within a short drive, but I imagine that 13 of you would be bored silly in a day or two staying in the immediate area.

(Why would anyone name their Spanish villa a chateau?)
THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLYS WILL PROBABLY HAVE TO HIRE TRANSPORT AFTER ALL .DO YOU THINK THIS WOULD BE CHEAPER DOING THIS AT THE AIRPORT
Probably.

A list of links for airport car hire can be found Here
thanks hope we enjoy it anyway.we will be going there at the end of june
If you have transport then the area is a nice place to be based.

The link above might have directed you to This Page which lists a few attractions, bars and places to eat. There are many more.

If you need driving directions, or just ideas on where to go, post back and I will try to help further.
i would also advise transport

the best and cheapest renter i have found is http://www.hirecarsinspain.com and if you book a car with econorent through that site then you dont have to pay the crazy prices most try and charge for fuel

you recieve it full and return it full
  • Edited by David 2009-02-01 19:53:34
    Edited to remove unauthorised personal signature/weblink
HI beeny42,
I was wondering if you could give me some information about the villas you stayed in as a group of friends and I have booked to stay at the same place from this thursday, however we can't get in touch with the owner about getting the keys and are starting to worry if its legit, did you have any similar problems? Thanks
We stayed in this villa (which is actually made up of two separate buildings) last year and I really wouldn't recommend it. Although far from the end of the season, the villas really hadn't been maintained by the lettings company, who really just take the cash and do little else. There were shutters that wouldn't open; over 12 lightbulbs that needed replacing; although advertised with Sky and DVDs there was only one TV that got a very grainy picture and the Sky hadn't worked for nearly a year; advertised with internet, there was none; the kitchens were very poorly stocked with not enough cups, plates or cutlery to go round.

The above all minor things, what did really mar the holiday was the lack of water. Because the villa is on the very outermost edge of the area, if the well runs dry there is simply no water. This wasn't something that lasted hours but days. Occasionally we'd get a small trickle early evening, we'd have to fill buckets and stock this for the toilets the next day - otherwise we couldn't flush. Baths were out of the question.

The villas are advertised as being in Villa Martiin and the owner is unlikely to give you the address until a few days before. Why? Because you'll see it's actually nowhere near. Do not go to this villa unless you're going to hire a car, there is very little in the vicinity apart from a concrete plaza with a couple of British shops.

I hope you got hold of the lettings agent and at least enjoyed your break Becca, we had to send 3-4 emails to the agent before he'd take any notice.

Definitely a case of buyer beware.
hi there myself and family are heading out to villa martin in april....we,r staying in villagolf opposite la ciaxia bank....can u tell me wot shops beaches are near and abt buses and taxis? are there any theme parks that are open near by.thanks
Hi

Villagolf is the urbanisation surrounding the Villamartin Plaza so you should be okay for bars, shops and banks, although a few of the restaurants are closed at the moment they will be open again for April. For live music try Chemies bar on the top level, shandon Bells on the ground and karoke Barry´s Bar also on the ground floor. Breakfast is excellent at Munchies on the ground floor as is lunch. There is a bus to the beach in the summer from there but not sure if it runs as early in April . The taxi rank is right next the caixa should be less than €10 to La Zenia beach, and the chinese there is excellent going tonight (again)!

I just live round the corner so any questions let me know

Denise
Denise thankyou so much for the information...will be sure to checkout all those places....enjoy ur chinese,thought of it is making me hungry x
can any1 tell me abt the markets around villamartin torrev and surrounding areas what time they start locat etc thanx
There is also a good Lidl supermarket next to Mercadona in los Dolces
Closest Markets are San Miguel on a Wednesday morning and Playa Flamenca on a Saturday. Not sure what time they start maybe as early as 8 but most go to both around 9-10 am
Hi this is just a lil message for deniseatnycs, Iv seen you've been a big help on here helping answer people's questions and I was wondering if you could help me to.
Me and my boyfriend are only 17 and are coming out to villamartin in middle of June, we are staying in Las Carolinas (I think that's the place), hi was wondering if there's many things for us to do out there we aren't big party animals but we would like to visit a few bars in the town, I would just like to know obvious questions really like how easy will it be to get around? How far from the nearest beach and main town? I have visited the torrevieja area many of times as my auntie lives in Los montesinos but have never been to villamartin. Also would my boyfriend beale to hire a moped close by that I can go on the back? As that would be a lot easier, he has a full driving license and cbt for a moped in England?
I would really appreciate it if you could help us a lot,
Many thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.