Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
It's an ironic coincedence that VA announced their surprisingly good profits on the same day!

But there is a distinct whiff of rodent here. Was the plane a 747-400 by any chance? Only they had one out of action for half a day at the weekend so there's a chance that they would still have been trying to catch up by Tuesday - in which they would have known almost exactly how late the flight would be. I don't suppose you know the registration of the plane - it wasn't G-VLIP by any chance?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7578428.stm
would have known almost exactly how late the flight would be.

Flights across the Atlantic do sometimes make up time depending on the route they have been allocated to fly. I think the scheduled time VA show for a LGW-MCO flight is 8h40min. I've flown that route several times and have done it up to 8h56mins but also as quick as 7h55mins. Perhaps the flight made up time on-route MAN-MCO and they believed the aircraft could be turned around at MCO quicker than normal giving an earlier that 22.30hrs revised departure time.
Thanks for your replies guys. It will remain a mystery. It was a 747 but I don't know any more then that. Our return taxi driver mentioned something about a problem in the US in the previous days to do with computer flight plans being lost from the system but I don't really know anything about it. Judging by the total non movement of the Non EU Nationals in their line at Manchester passport control as we crawled slowly towards our passport control we did wonder if it was because the UK couldn't access data from the US.
Just remembered that the Gatwick flight that was due to leave before our original time was scheduled to leave at midnight !!! Suppose we got off lightly :que
When we just flew back from Sanford we were delayed a while due to the storms. However an XL flight due to take off before us to fly into Gatwick had a delay of 12 hours!!! :que So glad i was not on that one.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.