Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I managed to book seats 6 months before a Virgin flight.

Go to http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/gb/index.jsp and select the "My booking" tab.

Mark :)
Just booked holiday to cancun with Virgin on 12th June for 2 weeks. Got a great deal and upgraded to Premium Economy. Have been reading up and see that the Gatwick / Man fleet are due to be upgraded starting in April. I know this is a new route and as this in the first flight for virgin but does this increase the chance of getting one of the refurbed planes. I know it will be a long shot at best!

Quite looking forward to it!

Also If I use twilight checkin will I be able to get seats in the Upper Deck or would I be better ringing and trying to prebook or just wait till check in on the Tuesday morn.

thanks all for you responses in advance
allymc316,

Aircraft are rotated weekly on all the various routes. While you can see the logic in laying on a refurbished aircraft on the inaugral, I doubt it'll work that way. You're better trying to pre-book the seats you want rather than leaving it intil later.

Darren
On 18/01 we will be on VS063 Gatwick to Cuba Virgin Atlantic flight. We have booked Premium Economy as a treat for ourselves but looking at the Virgin website and 747-400 seat details there would appear to be four seating arrangement versions. Assuming the plane is as schedule then where can I find what the seating plan is for that particular plane ?

Thanks.

Brian
Brian L,

The 747-400 operating your flights is the LGW/MAN suite version (config 1/2). It's impossable to say exactly which as aircraft are rotated all the time. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Airraft? guide (link below). A seating plan is on V-Flyer.

Darren
Thanks Darren, knowing it will be config 1 or 2 is what I needed to know.

Cheers

Brian
Hi,
Are there any updates on the refurb of LGW planes?
We are booked LGW<>CUN VS093 on 01/09/12 - just poor old economy I'm afraid.
We will have an infant with us - we have pre-booked ABC seats but also requested a bassinet which would mean a seat change - am I right in saying that the current row 21 have bassinets on the sides (ABC or HJK) and not for the middle seats (DEFG) like further back in economy? With the refurb, I've read somewhere that prem is being extended into 21-23 and these rows might hence disappear for economy?!
My son would really like a window (and so would I!) but it's a long flight and I think the benefit of a plastic cot bed wins!
Thank you!
Will fly on VS27 in Jan 13, should be a 333 but way back on VS16 which would be a 744, any chance that VS16 would be moved to a 333 too with new planes arriving soon ?
Julmops,

If it's listed as a 744, that's what'll be.

Darren
Hi all,
I'm booked to travel on VS045 LHR - JFK on 15.03.12 operated by a boeing 747, when we selected our seats it show economy seats upstairs behind upper class, however I cannot request them yet- i beleive they are released at check in 24 hours before travel. Looking through v-flyer i can't find any aircraft in this config, can anyone let me know which planes have this config and what IFE system they have installed.

Thanks

Pete
peterb1203,

The aircraft you mention is an LHR suite (config 4) 744, but a config 3 is used on that route as well. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below) and seat plans on V-flyer. These aircraft have the V:Port IFE system installed.

Darren
Hi,

Another quick question if anyone can help,
Were booked on VS 045- a Boeing 747 config 4, were booked in seats row 77 H J and K, in the upstairs economy section, just want to check this isn't one of the rows that is missing a window?
edit: i have looked on seat guru, but they aren't showing the correct seat map- thry are showing all upstairs as upper class.
Thanks

Pete
peterb1203,

Row 77 has a window as far as I know.

Darren
Virgin brings back Mumbai flights

Virgin Atlantic is reinstating flights from Heathrow to Mumbai after a three-year gap.

Daily flights will start from 28 October on the airline's newest A330 aircraft, and will also offer connections to cities in the US including New York, Boston, Chicago and Washington.

Since 2009, Virgin said the number of people who have flown between Heathrow and Mumbai has grown by 9% to more than one million passengers, making it Heathrow's 12th busiest long-haul route.

Virgin first flew to Mumbai in March 2005 but the service was suspended in 2009.

With permission from Travelmole
Hi all booked for orlando 29/11/12 ex man with travel city direct, when will i be abel to select my seats flight is with virgin. confused tdc call centre say 24 hours before on line ??? :que
Hi Darren,

Asking on behalf of my son .......

Depart London Gatwick to Cancun 2/10 flight no: VS93
Returning 16/10 flight no: VS94

Any idea what aircraft will be used on this flight?

Many thanks,
Pat
pat,

LGW-CUN-LGW (VS093/4) are operated by Boeing 747-400 (MAN/LGW suite).

Darren
Thank you Darren ......

I assume there are several versions of th 747-400. Would you happen to know which one it is?

Thanks again,
Pat
pat,

It'll one of the LGW/MAN suite ones, I posted it above. It could be any of those as they are swapped and changed pretty much every flight. There's further details on our What Aircraft? guide where there's a link to V-Flyer with seat plans etc.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.