Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
visa electron
8 Posts
As I far as I saw they did accept it, mostly the bigger places though. You can use it in ATMs though.
Hi bartz :D

The majority of places take Electron.........definately loads more than here :lol:

I'm Visa Electron too and was very pleasantly surprised at how many places

took it..........practically every shop or restaurant we went into :D

So go and enjoy :lol:

Helenxx
anyone know how much they charge to withdraw at ATM machines?
Juttkeys my bank, Halifax, charges £1.50 per withdrawal. Think they all charge the same though.

Helenxx
Nationwide do not charge for withdrawing abroad but it could be dependant on the facilities on the card (Visa, Election ect...)
Nationwide don't charge for withdrawing on their Flex-Account which is a Visa/Delta card. They will charge for credit card cash withdrawls though.

I would check with your banks website as it should tell you there how much they charge for withdrawing abroad.
Hi,

provided the business has an electronic Credit card machine - 99% of places, they will accept credit Visa electron.. I am a UK citizen with a biz in CY, that accepts Electron

But do carry enough cash for a meal as if you find an "off the beaten track
" beach taverna - it is possible they may not have a phone line, so cannot take Credit / Debit / Electron.

I know of several places, Melanda Beach, in Avdimou bay, ( take credit cards, but not electron as no phone line) and Tavernas at Ayios Georgios east of Limassol ( no credit /debit cards )

I'm sure there'll be a few more !

Mark
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.