Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Visa on arrival
15 Posts
greetings chilly ,wee-john is my handle (john neil 's my log-in )
interested in your post re visa on arrival ,is this for real?
Turkey are in the process of reversing this process to "on-line only as from this year 2014,to reduce queues at Dalaman and at increased cost .so don't know what the thinking is in this .
we are going to Calangut in March for 3 weeks .as we were there last Feb and enjoyed it .
think they need to look at the prices before they start to improvise this system .
Greetings Andy . for your reply .THE Q's at Dalaman in Turkey can be horrendous for visas ,an hour or more is not un-common and then the q;at passport control is after that so the on line app will be an improvement so I hope India does not go down that road .better a few bob extra than a frustrating Q after a long flight .(turkey is only 4and a half to five hours as opposed to 10 or more to goa)
anyway we 're off in4 weeks to Calangute to Santa Monica .regards wee-john from Hamilton
A full and thorough reading of this proposal will reveal that the VoA is actually applied for on-line, in advance, and paid for then too. Any queues will simply be to produce "biometric proof" of ID and collect visa.

As far as queueing for a long time John, I see you have only been to Goa once before, maybe you were lucky? Same at any other Indian airport, long queues are commonplace, especially at busy arrival times, such as a Russian Jumbo arriving just before!

As to "saving a few bob", the present cost for a UK citizen for the shortest T visa comes to well over £100 with postage, despite being applied for on-line. I think most on this forum are hoping to save considerably more than a few bob!

The current Indian official view on introduction varies between October 2014 to the end of the year ("hopefully", their words not mine!). Add to this the fact that everything in India happens late, and final;ly a general election in a few months time. Personally, I very much doubt if there will be any progress next season.
Greetings Botany Bay .thank you for your very informative reply .yes I realise that the cost of a visa has jumped very considerably since last year and any major reduction in this will be most welcome as I intend to be a regular visitor nto Goa .when we visited for the first time last February we practically sailed through the airport on arrival with little queuing ,our friends who are regulars commented on this and stated the same as yourself .possibly we were indeed very fortunate .anyway time will tell I suppose
either way we will enjoy our time in calangute again .thank you again .regards wee-john
well i for one think it will make a massive difference to holidaymakers especially families cost wise and it works well enough for Thailand and other places so heres hoping :) Personally it wont affect me as i dont need a visa bt i think it would make life less stressful for many.. as botany bay says this is India so lets see!! nice to meet you wee-john ;)
thank you Chilly .nice to make your acquaintance also .Regards Wee-john
It will make a huge difference to us as OH can't gamble with posting his passport as he needs it for his job. As well as the £93 each, he has to go to Edinburgh twice.
Let's hope the visa costs at least half in price. I am sure that far more Brits will go if they do.
I went to India every year 2005 onwards, sometimes twice a year. Goa, Kerala, Karnataka.
Love the country, food, people, culture, and the amazing light for photography.
Last visit 2012 - I will NOT pay the crazy huge price visa and play the silly visa games any more.
So Sri Lanka, Thailand winning now.
However if India fix their daft visa situation I'll go back, elsewise I will never.
OK - only one potential customer lost to them - but I bet there are many more...
will this happen now the BJP are back in power ?????????
Welcome back Mike :D
That is the big question.However they do want the economy to improve so that surely is something that would help?
Greetings, planning to visit goa ,January 2016 but heard story that visa has gone up to £ 140
Hope this is wrong a.any info please??
Hi John
The visa is currently £89.44 for a 6 month visa.

You need to make sure you visit the official website, not an agency as you may well find yourself paying £140 for a visa if you use an agent.

http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/index.html

As you will see from the first post on this thread, visa-on-arrival for UK citizens was expected to be in place by October 2014.

And we're still waiting......

VOA will probably be for stays of 30 days or less and I'd expect them to be cheaper than the full 6 month visa.

As I posted in another thread, I heard rumours - rumours only - from several different sources mentioning visa fees of £200 and £240.

So the answer to your question is - nobody actually knows what will happen and what the cost will be.
http://www.hindustantimes.com/karanthapar/it-s-actually-visa-on-four-days-notice-before-arrival/article1-1333985.aspx

This article makes an interesting point (persevere through the advert) that I certainly wasn't aware of.

I wonder how many people have or will get caught out by this?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.