Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
There is a sticky on visas, Mark, but it does say Sharm, so Briar will probably forgive you! :roll:
If you are not leaving the Sinai or even just staying in Nuweiba, you will not need to purchase a visa. They stamp your passport with a "free" visa for up to two weeks, on arrival. Just write "Sinai Only" on the back of your landing card before you pass through passport control at Taba.
If you should be planning a visit to The Ras Mohammed National Park, which is way down south, or anywhere outside the Sinai, you should, by rights purchase a visa.
Any queries, send me a PM.
:roll:

As long as you stay in the Sinai area and do not want to do trips to Cario, Luxor etc, then NO, you do not need one. Just write "Sinai only" on the back of the entry card and go straight to the passport booths. Do NOT pass 'GO', do not collect £200. :wink:
Thanks for that guys.

So what would happen if we suddenly decide to do a trip to see the pyramids. Do we have to purchase/obtain a visa somewhere?

Mark :D
Swiss will probably get one for you. It'll cost about £500 and a jar of marmite though.

See your rep, they'll sort it.
I heard about him and marmite :?

Should I pack some in my suitcase and use it as currency to obtain favours?

No! Youll send the exchange rate down for us, later in the month! :yikes
To obtain favours from Swiss you have to put a bikini on.
You're talking about experience there Everest :rofl
And here I thought we would be travelling to an upmarket resort :roll:

:evil:

:oops:
I mean, yes I am Mark. I've seen it firsthand, haven't I Rog mate? :wink:
Haven't we both, Ev. Mate! Now lets stop the :offtop cos Briar will be here in a minute and there'll be hell to pay! :omg
But it was a Mod that started it!

:zip
Ahum.... I was posting as a member actually.

Besides... leave Briar to me :wink:

I m just waiting for the Double Glazer to go topless !!!
Not only that Briar, but I fear they are giving out duff information :shock: although presumably not about the bikini wearing :rofl

You no longer have to write sinai only with a Bic in your own fair hand. The officials have purchased a 'john bull' kit (the sort carrot and I probably got for Xmas as children :oops: ) and now use a rubber stamp.

Doe :wink:
Thanks for that guys - just waiting for the missus to go into work and book the time off so I can finally book the holiday.

Knowing my luck, the hotel will probably be full by this afternoon :roll:

Very true Briar, very true. But Mark better get a move on as its already quarter to three and, although we won t be too busy, this afternoon will have passed by before he would have got here !
Well the dirty deed has been done and the holiday is booked :pele
Just need to get Van's address so I can send him the bill for this research trip to Egypt :rofl
Baggage check:
Camera: tick
Marmite: tick
Money: untick
Passport: tick
Wife: tick
Bikini: untick
Biro: untick

When are you going, Mark :?:

You'll be there before the rest of us :fish
Arriving on the 2nd of July :wink:

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.