Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Quiet, relaxed, not too many kids... Nuwieba sounds perfect...

There's two main choice of hotel. The Hilton Nuweiba (AI) or the Swisscare, which does a mix of board types... Snorkeling at the Hilton is OK, but the best reef is a five minute walk along the beach... The Swisscare has a lovely shelf reef right off the beach...

There's plenty of reviews in the review section, and also a thread on each of the hotels in this forum that will give you a flavour for each...
Certainly does sound a good place for you, familygen.

Swisscare is very peaceful, fantastic beach, wonderful pool, a playground for kids and the best spot around for snorkelling - though you need to be a reasonably good swimmer as it has a 'proper' coral reef with a shallow lagoon off the beach. So you have to swim out to the seaward side to snorkel.

The Coral Hilton has a good AI package, and a bit more by way of activities for children - two pools with kids areas, playground, table tennis and pool table in the open near the pool. The beach is smaller than at the Swisscare, but has plenty of sunshades and easy access into sea that is deep enough to swim and play in. There is a jetty with lots of fish around for snorkellors to see, a small coral garden to the south of the jetty (about 50m away) and a 'Huose reef' about 50-100m out to sea. There is also a patch of rocky ground just a yard or two from the shore which attracts a surprising variety of marine life. Now Thomson are selling the hotel they seem to do doing more for kids too - there are boards up with a list of daily activities (ourkids are too old so we haven't tried them out). Hilton also has a (pay for) watersports centre with banana boats and ringos, but pedalos and canoes are part of your AI deal.

For novice divers the Hilton is excellent. Emperor divers are on site and try-dives and training courses are run directly off the hotel beach. At 8 your daughter could do a 'Bubblemaker' trial dive (probably in the pool) but at 11 your son should be able to do the 'Discover scuba diving', or possibly even an open water course.
Thank you very much for the replies does sound perfect for us, we went snorkelling this year for the first time and fell in love so we are looking to do lots more, hopefully by 2009 my daughter will be even a better swimmer than she is now, will certainly be looking very seriously into nuweiba :D
Hi familygen,

I am returning to Nuweiba this year for my second visit and totally echo what Alans states above

even though you may or may not chose the Hilton as your holiday base
swisssinai welcomes people to visit his hotel and takes them out snorkeling on the reef,

and that is awesome.

there are plenty of pictures on the Nuweiba section in the photgalleries and over on tripadvisor swisscare is voted no1 hotel for eygpt and in the nuweiba section of TA swisscare and the coral are voted hotels 1 and 2 for the region

hope this helps.
Another recommendation for the Swisscare from me! I haven't been to the Coral so can't comment on that :wink:

I'd return to the Swisscare, most definitely. It's an incredibly peaceful, relaxing hotel with fantastic staff, Big and Little Willies and a super dooper proprietor!

I have some photos of the Swisscare in my 2007 Sinai holiday set which you'll find HERE.

I did struggle with the snorkelling but that's because I have panic attacks if my mask or snorkel fill with water. I'm used to snorkelling a reef with jetty access.
Had I been wearing a life jacket though I wouldn't have had any problems as the panic attacks don't occur when I'm wearing one. I can swim but not when I'm in a flap and having trouble controlling my breathing! :lol:

Pippy :D
For a family like yours, Denise, I'd recommend either of the two main Nuweiba hotels. I think you have got to read all the reviews, look at all the photographs, ask a load of questions and then, finally make a decision based on your personal requirements.
Both the Coral Hilton and the Swisscare Resort offer excellent facilities and value.
Swiss

What are the chances of you taking us snorkelling when we are there for Xmas (15-29 Dec).

Sounds good!

Nicki
As Crocodile Dundee would have said... better than average ! :-)
Hmm so theres a better than average chance that im going to be duffed up chess wise again then huh? :sulk
Lion, assuming that you decide to play me, and not one of the camels roaming the beach, I reckon that the chances are gonna be alot better than "better than average".
what do you mean that If I decide to play you ?

You surely dont mean that I get a choice in this? :?: :lol:
Good idea about playing the camel instead though :P
I 'm putting my money on the camel !
Yeah me too,....

erm :cry:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.