Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Visas
8 Posts
Don't think it's any different form previous years, fill in the on line application and submit, print those off and sign the usual areas, add photos and send off.
Ha ha Spike! You make it sound so easy!!

lol
Hi barneyofski

Normally straightforward, but there are a few pitfalls to be aware of:

Not sure if mentioning another forum is permitted, but in the interests of helping a fellow member, you could take a look at this helpful guide:
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297604-i6045-k4809131-Visa_Guide_2011-Goa.html

On completion of the application, proceed to payment, if you're doing it by card, before printing off. You can return to this later, but be sure to make a note of the application number that appears when you start the process. You'll also receive an email with another reference which is your 'web' number.With these at hand, you can retrieve your application.

For visa photos, there's a great site where you can make them for free: http://www.idphoto4you.com/
Make sure that when you print them (they come in a block of 4), you're printer preferences are set to 'original size'. This part can be a bit misleading on the website, as it doesn't give you a 2"x2" option, but when you have downloaded and set your printing preferences, it will all work out okay.

There's also the option to upload your photo as part of the application form. If you decide to do this, make sure that the photo editing software you use to crop the picture measures exactly 2"x2" or the upload will fail.

Not sure if the upload part is really necessary, but it might speed up the processing time. (My visa took only 4 days with pic uploaded.)

If any problems, plenty of members here will offer help. Good luck!
I have had many problems over the years ! Hate having to go through it. Biggest concern at the moment is a bargain flight or a cheap package..
spike wrote:
I have had many problems over the years ! Hate having to go through it. Biggest concern at the moment is a bargain flight or a cheap package..

Good point for discussion spike, but perhaps start a new thread?
No need for a new thread, most are looking out for deals - was just adding I have more concern over a bargain flight than worrying about visas, something I have now sussed out over the years..
We have our own dedicated topic with ALL the information required to help get your Visa and avoid any pitfalls and also links to relevant websites
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/forum/india-visa-information-and-t109916.html

To avoid further duplication I will lock this topic and direct further questions / answers to the dedicated topic above.

Graham

ps remember that you can also carry out specific searches via the tab at the top of the page.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.