Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Hi Jade .. if you could confirm please if it is the Vista Al Mar Hostel, I will ask for it to be added to our reviews section in the hope of attracting further feedback for you.

David :wave
Hi david,
Yes, it is Vista Al Mar hostel.
Thank you [=
jade.
Thanks Jade, I will ask for it to be added to our reviews section.

David :wave PS .. for the benefit of our visually impaired members, could you use only default font/text settings please.
The Vista Al Mar has now been added to our reviews database. We would welcome reviews from anyone who has stayed at this property ... click here.

We haven't stayed at Vista Al Mar but visited the bar underneath (Seven Seas) on numerous occasions last year :cheers

They are about 150m from the harbour in Es Cana, heading up towards the Hippy Market - a really central location. I beileve you 'have use' of the pool at the Zoidiac apartments, just 20m away accross the road which looks nice and seemed to have a lifeguard on most of the time (probably to take money for sunbeds......). If the reception area for the Vista Al Mar is anything to go by then they should be clean and well looked after.
The Seven Seas below does reasonable food and had a happy hour every night when we went in late May last year.

Hope that helps.

John
Thanks John!
Getting exited now
Hi Jade, I am also going to Vista al Mar for the first time so I will also be intrested in any comments. It will be our 3 rd time in Es Cana and 5th in Ibiza.There is a link on a website called Ibiza Holidays and it has a full page showing the Hostel rooms and various other info, I am sorry but I don`t know how to put the link on here.
Thanks!
i'll take a look.
When are you going?
Jade.[=
Jade .. as requested earlier, could you please use only the default text/font settings - no italics, bold, or other adjustments please.

Many thanks
Sorry David,
didn't see the message.
Appologies!
I am going in August. When are you going ? I can`t wait. Are you going on a singles holiday. I am going on a family holiday.
The situation of the hostel is great 2 mins to different beaches. There is a small rocky beach in front of the Zodiac and the main beach with water sports. Lots of bars and shops surrounding the Hostel. The ferry is a 2 min walk and you can get to Santa Eulalia and Ibiza Town. The bus is only 5 mins walk uphill. I haven`t had a drink in the bar attached to Vista al Mar but have walked past and it does look nice and fairly busy on an evening.
I am also going in august on a family holiday!
dont think i will be staying in Es cana alot though, think i will travel to Santa Eulalia and Formentera!
maybe ill see you there!
Counting the weeks! [=
Hi Jade we go on the 17 Aug for 7 nights, we are also counting the weeks. We stayed 2 years ago at Mar Y Huerta and had a fantastic time. We tend to go to Santa Eulalia quite a bit but not been to Formentera (well I did years ago but missed the bus into town so just stayed around the harbour)
Es Cana is a lovely resort. The Vista al Mar has some good reviews on (dare I say) other review sites and it seems to get a lot of repeat guests.
I have been back to Ibiza a few times, but i usually stay in San Antonion (as thats where old friends are).
This time we decided we should come and see other parts of the island.
I havent been to formentera before.
I dont think we will be there at the same time, i go at the very begining of August.
Cant Wait!
Have a nice time!
Got back yesterday from the Vista Al Mar after a fantastic week. Not happy with the hotel though as we didn`t get a balcony. The invoice stated that we had one but there weren`t any family rooms in the hotel with a balcony, in fact only 7 rooms have balconies, the other 18 don`t have a balcony. I did know there wasn`t a pool or any airconditioning but thinking we had a balcony made me book.

Please be aware of this if you are booking through Thomas cook and Sunset as it is very unlikely you will get a balcony. The guests who got balconies were ones who booked with the hotel direct.

I read lots of reviews of this hotel and looked at the hotels website before I booked but found no correct info on the balconies.
I got back from Vista Al Mar about a week ago.
& apart from a few problems with the room on the first day it was an amazing experience!
We didnt have a balcony in the second room either, but we had a joining
room making it easier as we were a family, and we did have one of those patio doors at the back so we
could open and look out. We dont spend too much time in the hotel anyway so it wasnt a problem at all.
Rooms were very clean!.. Food was nice, especially the fruit salad for breakfast!
And the staff were the friendliest people i have ever met!
The entertainment is good too! Shame its only on twice a week, but theres always Bingo and the quiz..
And theres always entertainment on in some other place!
I also met other amazing tourists there, some i unfortunately havent got contact details for,
but others i have.
Unlike San antonio (where i usually stay) Es cana is so much more friendly and the atmosphere in general
is alot more pleasant.
I hope to go back to that hotel around the same time next year and have another amazing holiday!
If you are just looking for a quiet, nice holiday, i really do recommend this place.
Also if you are a family with young children/teens as the evening entertainment is of high quality!
x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.