Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
hi oldies.have not stayed in the pins before but,have stayed in viva tropic the past two years and going again this year.all the reviews about the tropic are v.good,and i can comfirm that it is a first class hotel,spotless,friendly,great grub,great shows,and central to the port and beach,altho come 11.30 the place is v.quiet,as is most of the area,which is ideal for sitting out on the balcony and having a quiet tipple.we hav'nt stayed in the studios be fore but had a one room appartment which had twin beds +two sofa beds for the kids,bit too cramped if three or more adults sleeping.booked studio this year so hope for some info on this myself.you can book HB at the hotel for a day or for a week,didnt do breakfast{sargent peppers aroud the corner do an excellent fry}but did the evening buffet which i think was 15euro adult,9euro child,great value,great selection of food and desserts.if you have kids,they wont let you leave the hotel complex,pool and kids club first class.hope this helps you a little.good luck and enjoy 8)
Havent stayed at either of these places but Alcudia Pins is way out from the main resort area so that should be taken into consideration.
Hi roy.b
Thanks for the info,i like the sound of that,we do'nt have kids well we do but are grown up and doing a round the world trip.allright for some eh some of us has to make do with majorca.I will wait to see if i can get any information on the studios
Hi Just been on the viva hotels web site and the studios do have single beds not sofa beds,they look very nice.
hi oldies.e.mailed the viva tropic about studios and they answered back following day saying they have our booking and will add another single bed into the studio,im sure it will be a bit cramped but not planning on being in the room too often,only going for 7 days this time so already got our plans made for the week,wife has me on a no beer,no chips diet,so roll on august 9th,lotta catching up to do.hope you have decided where to go because with our great british weather,not looking good over the next few weeks,a lot of people deciding to get away from the rain,so places filling up quickly,let us know how you get on.

cheers.roy.b 8)
Hiya Roy. b
Think we are going viva tropic,if we do looks like we will be there same time as you,who did you book with?looking at fleetway travel they coming up good price.If we there at same time i will look out for someone drinking as much beer as he can and filling his plate full of chips.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.