Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
Went to Phuket in May many years ago and only had a short sharp shower once but Samui is in the gulf and is meant to be dry around May or June. Saying that, the weather in Thailand has been all over the place since the end of last year so afraid you'll just have to keep your fingers crossed.
See http://www.weather.go.th - Click the English version in the top right of the screen.

This is the Thai meterological society's site - loads of info and up to date forecasts. For todays forecast click the location you want on the map, but for a 7 day forecast, click 'Surat Thani' - the nearest mainland location - as Samui itself isnt listed.

Click 'Hydromet' and you can get details of rainfall in the last 15 minutes at various locations, including a couple of dozen places in Bangkok - as the rain can be very localised there.
I should have mentioned the forecast is rain just about everywhere for the next 7 days.

Here on Koh Chang it's been raining solidly for 4 days now, so it should make anyone visiting fom the UK feel right at home. 8)
Thanks for that, looks like I'll be taking a brolley then!
:roll:
I am travelling to Bangkok on 7th june then on to Koh Samui on the 10th and was wondering if anyone could give an idea of the weather we can expect? I understand its raining at the moment but is this constant rain or are there sunny spells aswell? Never evengave the weather a second though until I saw this post though it would be constantly sunny :oops:
I've been keeping a close eye on it and its been mostly nice today, yesterday was a mix of sun and showers. At least its guaranteed to be warm!
Will definitely be taking my moquito repellent with me.
Well at least it will be warm and raining and not cold and raining like it is here!! when do you go Prada? We fly from Heathrow staying at the Bel aire princess then on to Koh Samui and the Chaba Cabana beach resort. How about you? Iam sooo excited :pele
http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/48550.html
We have never managed to escape rain! Fortunately it seemed to start raining late afternoon/early evening most of the time when we had had enough sun anyway. We have been to KS in July and August though. The rain hasn't put us off returning!

this was Bangkok in July!!!
Samui is the only place I have experienced rain in Thailand though this was in Jan/Feb...had a couple of days when it rained all day. Tropical rain though so nice and warm.

Unfortunatly it seems really wet at the moment from what I've seen on the web and the news with flood warnings being issued at Surat Thani. Parts of Northern Thailand are really taking a battering.
:oops:
forgot- it didn't rain when we were in Bangkok in April!
Stace - We are going today. Staying at Royal Orchid Sheraton in Bangkok and then the Imperial Boathouse in Samui. Have a great time (rain or not!)
Prada have a wicked time if you gavent already gone or if you read this while there!! hope its hot and sunny 8) but im sure you will have a great time whatever the weather.
Thanks to everyone else I dont mind it raining at night as long as the :sun makes an appearance in the day! at least I can be prepared now.
Prada and Stace- I'll bet we will have 2 Thailand converts!
God I hope so Fiona Iam getting really excited now although think its going to be a massive culture shock! At least if its raining we may feel more at home! only 12 days to go now. :D
my tip would be to take a brolly anyway and use it when you go to the Grand Palace. It can be very hot with so many people milling about and a real suntrap- the brolly is great for shade!
Can anyone tell me what the weather is typically like in November??

UL
I'm afraid November is the worst possible month to visit Koh Samui. There is a very high rainfall then. Personally I wouldn't risk it. Bangkok would be quite good though.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.