Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Weight Allowance
12 Posts
Hi ,definitely not 2x30kg cases as they are over the weight limit for the handlers,think max. weight is 23kg per case,T.
If you can get it all in three cases and cope with the man handling, then do so. Assuming you've got bathroom scales, weigh each case, aim to be one or two kilos under on each as airport scales tend to weigh heavy. If your partner is a strong guy then put it all in two cases, bearing in mind you've got two children in tow(i'm assuming they are very young). Again, aim to be under weight.

Les
Each airline has its own rules. I know with Easyjet you can combine luggage as long as you don't have more than 32kg in each case (that is the maximum weight for handlers). Some airlines don't allow this though and I don't know what the Thomas Cook rules are at the moment.
We flew with Thomsons twice last year and we were allowed to combine the weight of the suitcases when flying from Glasgow to Bulgaria and Ibiza so don't think it will be a problem with Thomas Cook.
But you might be flying Monarch in high season .
I booked with TC but flew with Monarch to turkey last year.
zotty,

Welcome onboard :tup
Your question is better placed over on our Flights Forum, specifically the Thomas Cook Airlines topic. TCX's standard baggage allownce is 15kg hold and 5kg hand luggage per person on a package holiday. You have the option to increase this by 5kg at extra cost. Your allowance is 15kg per person unless otherwise stated and is confirmed on your booking confirmation and tickets when you get them. You can however pool your allowance with all those under the same booking so two of you can take a single suitcase weighting up to 30kg each instead of 4x 15kg, or even 3x 20kg if you wish. As long as you don't exceed your total hold allowance of 60kg for your group. Bear in mind no suitcase weighting more than 30kg will be accepted for travel.

Darren
Zotty as Darren has made mention, you've also got hand luggage allowance, if your children are old enough, you can give them a bag each to carry.

Les
We struggle with 20kg each year i'm worried this year has we only have 15kg each :tongue

What i'm going to do my two youngest grand kids aged 6 i'm giving them there own little case to take on board with them then on way back if we are over i will put some items in there case and carry them on board.

We didn't realise when we booked the flights that allowance was 15kg same company we use all time year after year but for some reason there have lowered the allowance

Yet when we go in Oct our allowance is 32kg with hand luggage :rofl
I am sure I read a sign this week at Newcastle airport saying 23kgs is the maximum weight allowed in any suitcase.
I know that Easyjet say 32kg is the max limit for a single case but maybe it depends on the airline :que
Our hold luggage is 22kg and hand luggage is 10 kg :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.