Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Ramla Bay(bus) and San Blas (car) in Gozo
8) hi,mellieha bay is quite nice ,buses run frequently from qawra ,no beaches as such in qawra buggibba or saint pauls bay it quite rocky but there are plenty of rocks to swim from ,one of our favourite sun bathing places is at a place called ta,fra ben in qawra , lorna :wink:
Mellieha bay is the largest beach on Malta but it does get very busy in high season, also heard people talk about golden bay in the western part of Malta but didn't manage to get to it. :(

Malta isn't big on beaches our hotel had a terraced rocky lido on which there were sunbeds and steps down into the sea, or you could just jump in off the edge :shock: The sea was crystal clear. Also agree that Ramla Bay on Gozo was great, kids loved the sea there as it was quite rough and fun to jump in the waves. It was probably our favourite, but that would mean a day trip to Gozo (no bad thing, as its a brill place to visit) :D

If you go to http://www.visitmalta.com and do a search on beaches it lists 27, it also tells you where they are.
Enjoy :D
Hi gaz31,

Without a doubt Ramla Bay on Gozo is our favourite beach but does entail taking the ferry if you're based in Malta and you really need to drive there by car since as I was told, the buses can be a bit erratic 'timewise'.

On Malta we quite like Armier Bay especially Little Armier. They're off the beaten track a bit so best got to by car - but well worth a visit,

Trev
Little Armier, is one of my favourites. If you are going to the beach most days then I recommend you hire a car. The busses coming back from the beaches during July will be full to say the least :shock: It's no fun being on one of them after you have been lying in the sun all day and the temp is in the high 80's

If you are doing the beaches by bus then avoid going on their bank holidays (usually Friday) Saturdays and Sundays as all the Maltese go.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.