Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
You could do a lot worse than the San Miguel Hotel & Beach club in Puerto San Miguel. Check out the reviews and the discussion thread.
I am deffinetley with micknmill on this one. San Miguel is a fantastic!!
San Miguel Hotel/Beach Club is indeed a great place, we've been home just over two weeks now and I still wake up in the mornings wishing I was there. (Mods - I'll do a review ASAP - had a bit of a family crisis the last 9-10 days)
However, I'm not sure I'd go back unless it was a last-minute cheapie. Puerto San Miguel is a bit of a one-horse town and unless you're the sort of person who doesn't mind staying in the hotel for most the holiday, you can find yourself climbing the walls a bit after the first week.
We are planning to go back to Ibiza in another 3-4 years (when daughter is old enough for clubbing) and we'll probably be looking at one of the Fiesta hotels in Playa d'en Bossa - lots of family activities plus much more going on in resort.
My nextdoor neighbours had a great holiday at the Fiesta Tanit in Cala Gracio a couple of years ago, and it's close enough to San Antonio to be able to get out and about.
Thomson have quite a few family hotels in Ibiza, but most of them seem to be in the quieter resorts in the north of the island. Aside from my own personal complaints with Thomson (mis-information re teens club and excursions available from San Miguel, and poor treatment during lengthy flight delays) I have to say they seem to offer the best selection of Ibiza hotels for every type of traveller.
We love San Antonio bay. alot of people think because of san antonio is full of larger louts and young people but it really isnt. we always stay at the hotel hawaii which is a sec away from the beach. the hotel has loads of entertainment for kiddies and daytime things for adults. The bay has everything, crazy golf all sorts of things.
robt

i would go for San Antonio bay.lots more to do for you and the kids.lots more bars ect.kids play area;s.plus you will see the sunset.and a really nice walk round the bay.to main area where all the nice shops are.

so either the bay or Fiesta Tanit.which is a/i hotel.just a matter of how much your willing to pay...
djwoody, I wish I'd been collecting my Fiesta points now then as the Fiesta Tanit looks good! We really like the Fiesta hotels.

Thanks for all the suggestions.
depends what time of year you go.buts its a real family hotel.not far from san an main area.yes you should have collected your points.i am on a free weeks stay in oct 7th.then i have got it cheap for the next 8 days.32 euros instead of 44.i stay in pdb algarb.diy with fights.thats how i get 15 days.would go for more.but work for myself.

get your book stamped if you go.takes time to add them up.but well worth it.14 points = 36 euros.

if you go on home page of fiesta hotel group.cus service i think.you need to contact Linda Scaperotto..she can book your rooms for you.you dont even pay till you get there/get some cheap flights and away you go.
i will send you her email address ok pm
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.