Camping and Caravanning UK and Europe

Discussions regarding camping and caravanning in the UK and the rest of Europe.
Personally I would want the above, plus

A decent shower/laundry block
I think you would struggle to get peace & quiet at such an early time as 10.30, especially in peak season, when the nights will be light until late, and people will have their barbies going.
Helen T wrote:
Personally I would want the above, plus
A decent shower/laundry block
I think you would struggle to get peace & quiet at such an early time as 10.30, especially in peak season, when the nights will be light until late, and people will have their barbies going.

On a lot of European sites we visit that or 11pm is the cut off time for noise
and I have been told off at 9:30 on a UK site for making a noise --but had a good reason and got an apology -- resetting my sons dislocated shoulder again --got to say he's not done it since and it used to be a regular occurence
That's brilliant, especially for people trying to get babies or young children to sleep. We could have done with that on our recent stay at the Levante Club apartments in Benidorm, where there was horrific noise all night long.
Chateau lez Eaux in Basse Normandy fullfills all your conditions. Its a Castells site and lacks a restaurant but has a take-away & a very good Intermarche only 5 mins away. That's why we return every year. Also has spotless shower blocks & laundry facilities.

Extremely well-managed & strict re noise. Roll on June 2nd.

Patka
I like a decent sized pitch, so as not too be on top of our neighbours.
More than one water tap, therefore not too far to walk to fill containers.
Decent shower/toilet block with level access and taps that actually dispense water rather than a tiny trickle, and toilets that flush properly.
Waste water disposal that actually works, unlike a site we know where it`s been out of action for 3 years running.
Quiet after 11pm, it`s asking a bit much for 10-30pm.
Pleasant and helpful site staff.
I am also in a Yahoo group and someone else brought something similar up as what they wanted out of a quiet site

it's amazing that so many folk seem to want the same thing pity there are not enough campsite owners who oblige
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.