Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
We are back for our third visit in a weeks time and as someone who doesnt like flying it really has to be something special to get me on that metal monster.
For us its 1, the magnificent views (as a keen photographer this really draws me in)
2, the friendly people
3, the ease of getting around
Malta is such an easy holiday to get into and relax

Alan.
:fly hi i always feel like im coming home, when the captain says please fasten your seatbelts for the descent into malta i just feel like i belong there? i think maybe because its like the uk was 20 or 30 years ago you feel safe ,and as you say the maltese are friendly and there is always something new to see, i love malta 8) lorna
I totally agree with the previous comments, I have been travelling to malta almost every year for the past 35 years. I was stationed in malta with the R.A.F..The Maltese people are the most friendly, generous, honest and happy people that I have ever met.
For such a small island there is a wealth of things and places to see that I still have not seen everything, I will continue to explore till my dying day. hopefully a long time to go yet. I'm hoping to retire there I love the islands so much.

inselli ghalik

alan
the ferry journey to gozo :D :D :D
Good question Sliema2

I am not sure that there is any specific answer, a couple of thing come to mind :lol:

Landing at Luqa
Mdina
Hopleaf & Blue label
Valletta
Cisk
Ancient & modern history
Marsovin
The three cities
Festas
The incredibly friendly People
Pastizzi
Amazing Churches
The easy going and relaxed life in Gozo
THE FLIGHT MUSEUM & Craft village at Ta' Qali :)
The old busses
Delicata
Bragioli
Coffee in Queens Square
hobz biz-zejt

And far to many other things to mention that form the whole magical package of a trip to Malta & Gozo.

NOT Kinnie :tdown
Everything Graham has mentioned (except for the meat dish) but INCLUDING Kinnie!! :lol:

Trev
Hi there :wave Ditto to all the above. I can't explain to people why I love Malta so much, I go 2 or 3 times a year and have done for the past 19 years. I feel relaxed, safe, welcomed by my Maltese friends, we have become part of a large, extended Maltese family over the years. I do go to other places for holidays but I am 'just a tourist' in a tourist resort in other places. Most of the resorts in Malta have 'actual' Maltese peolple living and working in them, you get to see day to day life how it used to be ! Have I waffled enough about my passion for Mata?? :lol:
Hi everyone, all good answers so far keep em rolling in.

Caw Caw
Sliema2
:wave the old buses,pastizzis ,valletta ,gozo ferries and the lizards :) lorna
I feel at home there, safe, I love getting off the plane at Luqa and you can feel the hot air. Alot of people think I'm mad going back year after year, but I don't care. Fell in love with Malta in 1998 and that love is still going strong. Going in less than 2 weeks, getting engaged there and booking our wedding there for 2007.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.