Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
good to hear you loved Vietnam. I would love to hear more!
Yes I would love to hear more too. Especially about Nha Trang and the weather, glad you enjoyed your trip.
Hi Ladies,

Sorry for delay in posting a reply but I have been playing 'catch up' at work.

We had 3 nights in HCM and pretty much did what Fiona did, probably could have done with another couple of nights to be honest just so we wasnt dashing about all the time.

Nha Trang is bigger than I expected but to be honest the main tourist area with the bars and restaurants covers 2/3 blocks. Our hotel was 30 min walk from night life - normally we would have strolled this but the humidity was quiet bad so would have needed a shower when we got there! we would get taxi which was about 50p. There is a promenade which was completed 2 years ago which is very nice, the locals use this early morning and after dark to meet family and friends for swimming/and meals. The beach is lovely and not over crowded at all, there are beach sellers but they were only allowed to approach you if you ask them to. The only thing I missed on the beach (where we stayed) was different shacks, there was only our bar - maybe I'm spoilt with Goa and prehaps there may have been some shacks near the town centre. The people are so friendly without being pushy. My hubby complete his open water padi course while there at a 3rd of the price in the uk.

Weather wise it was very hot 35 ish but like I said very humid, we had a couple of days when we had showers and one evening it rained for a while. Its the start of there raining season now so if I returned I would go earlier in year - not because of the rain but the humidity.

As you would expect the scenery was very much the same as Thailand very lush and green, lots of islands in the sea.

We have had a fabulous holiday and would love to return but feel we have to visit other countries, we fell in love with Goa and have been back at least once a year since 2000 so thats 1 holiday taken care of :D we are looking at Bali for next year so I'll be asking you a few question Fiona once I get my desk cleared at work :cry:

Shirley, hopefully the informaiton on Nha Trang has helped but if you have any more questions I will try to answer them for you.

Regards
Jules
Thanks Jules
we hopped on to taxis all the time in HCMC as well- the humidity was a killer. But then the cost is so low it doesn't really matter!
If only the flights were cheaper, I think Vietnam would benefit big time from that. They were looking at ways of encouraging more tourists when we were there.
Getting back to work is a nightmare though isn't it??!
Thanks Goanaddict , your holiday sounds great, Vietnam is definately on my 'to do' list, I am still unsure about next year , it's between Vietnam, Laos, Bali and Sri Lanka and just like you I have fallen forGoa so no doubt I will be venturing back there as well, thanks for the info , shirleyV
Thanks for the Sunrise Beach Resort review. If you click on the Nha Trang link below the hotel name, it takes you to your review of the resort.
Thanks Fiona I hadnt realise how to get the resort review..............if it doesnt jump up and grab me I dont click/open anything Im not sure about ha ha

Jules
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.