Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
sparky mark,

It' the acronym for 'Electronic System for Travel Authorization'. More here.

Darren
Dazbo5 Ive seen the site and I may sound thick but does everyone who travels to the US now have to apply for this or do we not fill the visa forms in on our flights as in previous visits
sparky mark,

The way I understand it, all passengers travelling to the US from a country under the visa waiver programme (UK included) must now apply under the ESTA waiver scheme as it's coming in to effect in 2009. It's a replacement for the green cards from what I can see so it should make life simpler when you land.

Darren
Thanks Darren thats what I thought so I better get itfilled in before I forget.

PS I wonder what will happen if you fly without doing so!!!
sparky mark,

I don't think it's mandatory yet so you can still use the green cards as before. Knowing the US, they'll send you back if you don't so it!!

Darren
Believe it is mandatory for travel to the USA from 12th January 2009.

It will replace the current need to complete the green cards which are currently provided at the departure airport or on the flight. I suspect that there may be a degree of overlap during the first few months.
The introduction of ESTA has been discussed over recent months in our America forum .... please click here for the relevant topic.

Other visa, entry and immigration issues are also discussed there, but you can retrieve all discussion about ESTA by using the search box in the bottom left hand corner of that topic.

I will close this topic now to reduce duplication.

David :wave
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.