Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Visit Santa Eulalia. Beautiful, Calm, plenty of lovely shops to walk around, lovely beach & sea, quite cosmopolitan in comparison to Es Cana. This is no slight on Es Cana- this is where we stayed 2 years ago - but Es Cana I felt was just a british seaside resort feel.
The Mar Vent in Es Cana is good for food, and Charlies next door is good for entertainment.

Marie.
A boat trip to Santa Eulalia is a good half or full day.If your travelling with children there`s a wally train trip that goes from the town hall in to the countryside. If your self catering there`s loads of restaraunts in Santa Eulalia.

Drive to Portinax, the view as you drive down into Portinax is breath taking.

Drive to Puerto San Miguel, it`s a small but lovely resort.

Visit Ibiza town plenty of shops and things to see.

A trip to Formentera is a good day out.

A few of my favorites I`m sure others will add loads more.

Christine W
The D'Alt Vila (old Town) in Ibiza town is a must see. Go in the daytime and climb to the top, go in the Cathedral if it is open. Walk around the walls and don't forget the camera. There are several tiny bars in the town where you can re-hydrate. Then go back at night and walk around the harbour side. Have a drink and watch the Queens parade by!
If you like museums there is a museum built next to the Carthagenian burial tombs behind the old town. Check on opening times as when we went they were a bit erratic.

Cala D'Hort is a really quiet spot except on Sundays. The huge rock in the bay was used as Bali Hi in South pacific (Apparently some scenes were filmed at Portinatx as well). I have also heard that the scenes with Julie Andrews running over the hills in The Sound Of Music were also filmed on the island.

Portinatx is nice for a day trip. If you want it really quiet try Cala St Vincente. Beach is a bit gravelly but very quiet.

Bora Bora beach just round the bay from Es Cana is a kids beach.

Cova San Marco at Puerto San Miquel is worth a visit. Just the views from the walkway down to the cave is worth the entrance money. Spend the rest of the day on the beach at Puerto San Miquel.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.