Eastern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Eastern Europe
thanks for the info, i am off to prague for august 26/29th staying at the corinthia towers hotel in vysehrad

seems the 3 day train pass is 200 czk or the 7 days is 250czk but they say prices are due to rise in july.

i think using a train pass is the sensible thing to do, as my hotel has a metro station right next door and is 2 stops from muzeum.

bit worried about how to validate the ticket once you have brought it, any info would be appreciated, my friend got caught for not validating hers on her last visit.

:(
Yes,
the 3day ticket rises to 220, the 7day to 280.

Ticket validation is easy: if going by tram or bus put it into the validator (like this: http://www.dp-praha.cz/img/oznaczar.jpg) just after vehicle entrance,
if using metro, validate it WHEN ENTERING THE METRO AREA (usualy before downstairs).
thanks for that, will keep an eye out for those machines when i get there :)
i read somewhere about the need for a ticket for your luggage on the metro ??

so how/where do you buy this ticket and what is the cost,

if i arrive with one large suitcase and one shoulder bag is that priced as one or two bags ???

cheers for any replies :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.