Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Its really a suburb of fuengirola quieter but plenty of bars should be ideal. :)
fire away with your questions i just got back today will gladly help
simz
When we started going to the Costa del Sol after WW2 Torreblanca, Los Boliches and Fuengirola were three separate fishing villages. Now they are to all intents one town. Los Boliches is clean, quiet and has everything you will need. There is some work going on, a new underground car park is being built.
Los Boliches is a cracking little place.
There's plenty of bars, restaurants, shops, supermarkets etc, it has a good beach and it's nicely away from all the hustle and bustle of Fuengirola.
Location wise it's good too. A 20 minute stroll along the sea front will bring you into Fuengirola where there is a good bus station for getting out and about and buses on the main road into Los Boliches run into Benalmadina for around 90c each every half an hour.
This is a fantastic place for a family holiday ( we are 2 adults & 3 children). We discovered this little haven in 1998 an have been back to this coastline 6/7 time since. Los Boliches is just on the fringe of everything but close enough to everything should you want something more busy. There some excelent bar/resturants here.

This is our favorite place on the costa, but we alway's find it so hard to get good accomodtion in los Boliches so for the last 4 visit's to the cost we have stayed in Benalmadena in the Jupiter appts whic are magic. Benalmadena is is a wonderful place for a family holiday as well.

We know los Boliches very well and would return tomorrow.

We are off to Benal in 3 weeks time, but please fire away with any question yon need asked and i will try to help.
Hi there, yes our clubbing days are over now too !!!
We either stay at Los Boliches or Torrablanca, which is just up the road.
Lovely beach, and plenty of bars and restruants, and a lovely stroll along the prom of an evening, just sitting have a drink and people watching.
We have been going over there for the last eight years, and we love it. Going again at the end of Aug, and we were there in March for a week, aldo we are doing five days at Christmas time, starting on December the 1st !!!!!
Just wish I could afford an apartment over there !!! Just waiting for my lottery numbers to come up !!!

Hope you have a lovely holiday. :fly
Thank you for all your replies and brilliant info.I think you have confirmed what I had been told about the area.
we usually sort out our own flights and accom on the internet has anyone been down that route in this area.I have already had a quick look at rental accom on the various sites and there is a good choice in los boliches but there seems to be more in torreblanca .torreblanca does not seem to be a million miles from los boliches has anyone stayed in the area.

thanks in advance
If you see my post reagrding Monte Canada Torreblanca it might nbe helpful.
Torreblanca is ok for food and a few beers, but you'll go to Benal and Funegirola a few times, on the bus or the train
I own an apartment in Monte Canada for rental and know another 2 or 3 people who rent them out.
Let me know if you need any further info.
Both Torreblanca and Los Boliches are beautiful choices. However, be careful when booking a rental in Torreblanca, make sure you know exactly where it is. Torreblanca is extremely hilly, if you book somewhere which is not along the beach front you could end up in the hills if not careful. Many rental descriptions can be misleading. If you are renting a car this should not be a problem.

Los Boliches would probably be more of an all-round central place for you to stay. Everything is on your doorstep from supermarkets, bars, restaurants, buses, trains, beautiful beaches... and on and on.

Which ever you choose, have a great time :D
Both place are nice but L boliches has more choice for bar/resturantes. L Boliches is about 20mins from fuengirola, but you can add another 15 mins on that for Torreblanca. We alwas find it so had to get good accomodation in L Boliches, but there seems to be loads in Torreblanca, thats why we go up the road to Benal.

In L Boliches we have stayed at the Lance Del Sol... V-Nice, Palm Beach... V- Nice and also the Seira Mijas ( which was full of Spanish familys, but we had a great holiday.

This is a contact we have used in the past when staying at L Boliches.
Balmoral Rental ( ask for Rosa)

Tel 0034952581515 or 0034952466140 Fax0034952583530
http://WWW.holidayrentals.co.uk (or com)
Or try this web site which is V good. http://benalmadena.homestead.com/
Hi everyone,

I might be confused but does anybody know if it is posible to walk from the shopping centre to the Gardenia Park hotel? We are due to arrive on Christmas Eve and it might be handy for a little last minute shopping.

Regards

Craine
Hi Craine,

The location of Gardenia park is excellent, very close to the beach and right on the main road into Fuengirola & Los Boliches.
Los Boliches has a number of decent shops and to walk there along the sea front would take approx 20 mins from Gardenia Park. Fuengirola naturally has more shops to choose from (including a large Zara and numerous shoes and handbags shops) and it will be a leisurly 30 min walk along the sea front to get there from where you are staying.
However bang outside the hotel (on the other side of the road) is a bus stop where for approx 90c (adults) you can hop on the yellow bus that runs into Fuengirola and Los Boliches frequently. Also immediately outside your hotel (same side of the road) is the bus stop for Benalmadina which is worth a visit.
Malaga is excellent for shopping and the Torreblanca train station is only a 5/10 min walk away from your hotel.
Edit
unauthorised signature removed
Fiona ht mod
Just back from the Monta Canada at Torreblanca. We found both the resort and our accomodation excellent. Plenty of bars and eateries and a lot cheaper than the main resort. Fantastic beach too!
Glad to hear you enjoyed it,
I trust my diorections to the short cut in Monte Canada weren't to confusing :D
Directions were fine but we preferred to take the longer winding route past villas and down cala nogal steps to the front - still only took 10 - 15 minutes at strolling pace. Walking back up the hill was fine too added benefit of going on holiday and not putting on any weight!!:P
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.