Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi, this should be a good thread :)
Week 1
1.Usually up around 7am, and i always seem to set my alarm on my phone, as i dont want to waste my holiday in bed.
2 Breakfast in the hotel or sometimes we stop off at a place on our way to the beach.
3 lunch in the shack
4. Back to my hotel around 4pm so my son can have a swim in the pool
5 head back to our room to get showered and changed. Our son usually watches cartoons, Tom and Jerry, so that keeps him entertained whilst im in the shower.
6 have a little drink on the balcony, then head out around 8pm and find somewhere nice to eat.
7 Head back to our hotel around 11pm, go to our room for a final drink on the balcony, as usually our son is very tired by then.

Week 2 tend to go further afield, rather than just chilling out around the resort, like Maz does :) We hired a scooter a couple of years ago and i loved riding through Mupsa and the surrounding villages on our way to Ashvem beach.
We buy our presents in our final week, and our spirits to bring home with us.
It goes something like this.
1. Get up, trying to remember to clean teeth with bottled water, and hoping that there is hot water in the shower.
2. Wander down to hotel cafe for breakfast, dreaming of a bacon sandwich but ending up with egg again, and then try and eat the toast and jam before the hotel ants get a sniff.
3. Walk to beach, counting up the number of Indian guys standing next to a taxi who see you and shout 'taxi'. Check E-mails in a cafe.
4. Strole the beach to the beach hut, mentally ticking off the usual sights. ie. urchin selling strawbrries, middle aged westerner dressed in nothing but a thong, frisky and potentially rabid dog, russians on a banana boat, Indian guys standing next to a beach hut who see you and shout 'beach hut'.
5. Reach beach hut and make that seemingly trivial but all important decision about which sun bed to grab. Factors include whether the sun shade will stay up, will the quiet looking couple next door proceed to bore you silly all day with stories about how many times thay have been to Goa, if the gang of young Indians from Mumbai will strutt about all day, screaming at each other in loud voices and turning on radios.
6. Enjoy beer and snacks, your latest airport novel, and fend off the frequent beach sellers, many claiming to remember you from last year, whilst thinking that they should actually sell something useful, like the Daily Mail.
7. Back to hotel, with possibly a visit to Newtons or something similar, and then some duty free on the balcony or a beer around the pool watching rather rash people doing lengths and thinking that they'll regret that in the morning after swallowing the water. If they recommend using bottled water to clean teeth it stands to reason that gulping pool water might also be dumb.
8. Before leaving for restaurant, give the room a good going over with the fly spray hoping that anything vaguely creepy crawly will be stiff and upside down by the time you return. Ditto with mossy cream on exposed skin and whether your sexy aftershave will cancel it out.
9. Discover sexy after shave attracts taxi sellers, shop owners etc.
10. Return for nightly battle with huge key, huge padlock, and gloomy landing, further handicapped by far too much alcohol. Use tap water to clean teeth, realise you have forgotten the days malaria tablet, and then engage in the nightly science project where you try to balance the combined effects of aircon and fan to get a good nights sleep. Fail.
5. Reach beach hut and make that seemingly trivial but all important decision about which sun bed to grab. Factors include whether the sun shade will stay up, will the quiet looking couple next door proceed to bore you silly all day with stories about how many times thay have been to Goa

Great post lester had me chocking on my cuppa when i read it :rofl
and then engage in the nightly science project where you try to balance the combined effects of aircon and fan to get a good nights sleep.

Has anyone ever worked this out - If they have can you let me know how it's done. I always wake up cold if we leave the air con on - the alternative is to spend the night hanging on to the side of the bed whilst Hurricane Henry rages above me.
MazD wrote:
5. Reach beach hut and make that seemingly trivial but all important decision about which sun bed to grab. Factors include whether the sun shade will stay up, will the quiet looking couple next door proceed to bore you silly all day with stories about how many times thay have been to Goa

Great post lester had me chocking on my cuppa when i read it :rofl

maz this made me giggle so much,thought it was just us that attracted the nutters who want to bore u sensless
Walk along street 10 yards "Taxi!!!" ..... No thanks...
Walk along street another 10 yards "Taxi!!!" ..... No thanks...

Ad infinitum...

Go for a beer to avoid taxi drivers. :rofl
You must get pretty drunk then, Big Neil ! There are a lot of taxi drivers to avoid!!! :rofl :rofl
Seriously - I put my rubbish in the bin near to the taxi drivers at about 9 in the morning and they say "taxi
madam" every day - so I say to them - no thank you - tomorrow they will say the same :que
Taxi - I ignore but if they want an answer when I am walking along the road with my shopping -
I say if I wanted a taxi I would be sat in one now instead of walking along the road -bye

Yes they have to earn a living but if they took me home for a reasonable rate I would happily use them but for now I will walk..
Yes, great post Lester. My favorite was No 6!
I don't have a typical day in Goa, for me every day is extraordinary, :really
xx lassi
Slobbing out in the sun, cooling down in the pool, slobbing out in the sun, cooling down in the pool, slobbing out in the sun etc etc etc.................its a hard life, but someone has to do it :rofl
Fizz
I always wake up early so first thing make a coffee sit out on the balcony and watch the world go by. 8.00ish OH stumbles from his pit and we head off for breakfast, first making a stop for the daily newspapers. A leisurely brekkie at 'our' shack, then chill time with a good book interspersed with a little wander up and down the beach. A light lunch at the shack and then back to sun worship for a couple of hours. Mid afternoon head off to Arcon arcade or Chocolati (sp?) for a cappucino or a pot of tea, then a gentle stroll back to the apartment. Couple of hours rest after such a strenuous day then head out for a lovely meal and a few drinks.
3 whole weeks without a phone ringing non stop - absolute bliss :sun2 :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.