America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Scheduled airlines will release seats about 11 months before hand, therefore for April 2009 expect them to be available May 2008.

Tour Operators will normally releases their winter programmes before this. First Choice, Thomson, Virgin about November/December 2007. You may wish to consider buying a fly-drive package from one of them to secure your flights for April 2009, especially if your dates are over Easter or school holidays.
Hi Clair

Go to your local Travel Agent and price up for the same weeks you want for April 2008 this will give you a rough Idea of costs etc, try doing the same on Internet as this also will give you a comparison.

Car hire is expensive because of the Insurance, shop around you may find a few cars are the same price as 1 mini van.

This also means that If one family want to go shopping and another want to go to a theme park you are not restricted by the rest of your group.

Also if there is only going to be one driver and He/She doesnt feel well or a bit tired and the rest want to go out for the day its his/her holiday also.

Each person insured on the car is at an additional cost.

Goodluck Liz.
You may also like to post your question in the FLIGHTS FORUM HERE.

You can read car hire info HERE and HERE, general Florida/Orlando info HERE and villa recommendations HERE.

Hope that helps.

Pippy :D
flights go on sale 330 days in advance which is just short of 11 months. So if you are looking for April 2009 it will be May 2008 before you can book them.
.... for your help. will consider the suggestion about booking a fly drive ahead with a tour operator ahead of waiting until May 08 to book through tinternet. does anyone know roughly when Thomson, First Choice et al will release info for April 2009 bookings - i'd imagine it'll be the end of this year time.

we were thinking of having 2 people carriers - probably 2 x 6/7 seaters as we will be a big group (8 adults, plus a 13 year old, 2 x 8 year olds and a 3 year old) so we have to have 2 cars. but it might be worth looking at 3 smaller cars.

does anyone know the rough cost of hiring a small people carrier (like a picasso style sort of thing) for a 2 or 3 weeks? i know there are lots of taxes and insurances.

cheers, claire
i second the advice,of getting 2 vehicles,3 weeks is a long time,to be tied to each other,with 1 vehicle,there are bound to be times when someone wants to do something different,even if you think differently at this point.2 vehicles,will give you all, that choice.
look at
us car hire or airline network,for prices,they are usually reasonable & if you go for the platinum package,all your insurances,extra drivers,full tank of fuel,will be included.
tracy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.