Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Simply Beautiful salon - at St. Anthony's chapel (little white church in middle of road Calangute/Candolim border) - like a UK salon, very professional, L'Oreal products, pro hairdresser, check it out.
Simply Beautiful are also in Candolim - past Acron Arcade down towards Kingfisher Villa. :lol:

I only know 'cos thats where I drop the wife off - I don't need any treatment. :shock:
Sorry, I know this is a bit :offtop But I was thinking about the name of salons over there. The funniest I saw was called "ZITS" (just as you go in to Mapusa near the roundabout /petrol station) I don't think the name would instil confidence and encourage many of us to book an appointment would it :lol:
Good job it did'nt start with an N. :rofl
Annie who used to do hairdressing in Baga and she is excellent has opened her own salon right on the road to Ashvem looking over the beach! Beautiful! She is an english girl. The salon is so relaxing,and she has a young goan girl learning different skills. Well recommended!
Hi,Thanks Goan girl for the nice report on my salon.Annie here and yes i am still enjoying being here at ashvem beach,i also now have an excellent indian beautician in the salon,very popular with her waxing skills and facials. So hi to all clients out there and hope to see you this season :)
Simply Beautiful are not in the salon near St. Anthonys Chapel - they moved before the end of last season to Baga - I think they are somewhere on Titos Road.
The new salon near the Candolim/Calangute border is a big upmarket salon called Snips. Would not have any nails etc done there as you can get as good for a better price but can't fault their hairdressers - costs 550 rps for a brilliant hair cut - as good - if not better than UK. Ask for Val - a man.
Niomis (sp) across from the big shop with elephants outside just before you get into Calangute has a good name but never been there.
Zits - Good job it did'nt start with an N. :rofl Green eyed lady :cheers
Don't laugh - I got them last year in Goa at my ripe old age - we had some kids do a Christmas Concert for us on our complex and we swapped hats and costumes and had a good time. The next day I was scratching my hair line and asked my OH to have a look to see if I had a mossie bite - my god you are lousy he said - they are all over. Can you imagine that - screams and panic. It was awful :( Thought we had left them when our kids were little.
He went to the chemist for some liquid ( for a neighbour) and I spent the next couple of days over a paper with a "nit "
comb - going in and out of the shower washing my hair and putting this stuff on. Read on the internet to drown them in hair conditioner so did that.
Was going to Mumbai with friends a couple of days later and did not dare sit next to them - sat next to my baldy OH so we could see them if any were left and jumped over :rofl
Hi waterproof glad you like my little joke :rofl sorry to hear you had them, i saw them a lot years ago when i worked as an hairdresser, and when my kids were younge, but not any more thank god. hope your well, will be off to the material shop in panjim in a couple of weeks time , will let you know how i get on. Sorry for going :offtop fiona. Gel
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.