France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
I can highly recommend Le Ranolien. Have a look through my other posts, I have made several about the site. The pools are great including slides. The entertainments guy, David, holds football, tennis, basketball tournamenbts and can organise scuba, conoeing and all sort of things. There are cliff walks and inland walks and if you drive or walk the coast road every turn leads to another small or not so small beach. It is a fantastic area and a fantastic site. I have made up a two page local info sheet I would be glad to send to you, just let me have an email address. The site has a website here: http://www.leranolien.fr/accueil-en.htm . It is MUCH cheaper to book direct with the company Yellow rather than through the British companies and the Yellow accommodation is much better. Hope this helps.

John
fab thank you

will PM you my email address :)
StMalo Lovely old walled town Cracking beach Super seafood Dinard not far away a great resort
:tup :tup :tup
Hi, I live near Chateau des Ormes and its a great site - the pool is fab. Although its not near a beach there is a lot to do around the area generally and its not far to drive up to the coast anyway (about 25 mins I think). As tonesp said, St Malo and the surrounding coast is gorgeous - there are so many beautiful beaches and typically French fishing ports/towns to go to. St Malo, Dinard, Cancale (amazing for seafood), Combourg, Dinan etc etc.

I think Brittany is a great holiday destination.
Abbaye
We booked Le Ranolien in the end
looking forward to going on May 30th :tup
My family and I arrive on 3rd June. Say hi if you see me, I am easy to spot as I am a large, shaven headed, heavily tattooed Scotsman. Dont worry though I dont bite,lol.

John
Ah well never mind. I hope you enjoy.

John
Thanks for all your help and info John :tup

hope you and yours have a good time too
x
Hi John,

could you please tell me where the nearest supermarket is to stock up ?
Hi Rachie, the easiest is SuperU. Leave the camp site and at the main road turn right. Follow this road for about two miles till you reach a roundabout. At the roundabout go left and you will see SuperU straight ahead of you. It has everything you will need and all at a fair price.

John
1 more Q I promise ... !

male swimwear ... ? are shorts allowed or does it have to be speedo styleee ?!
I believe it was mentioned in the literature a long time ago but I have never known it to be enforced in the swimming pools. It is different in the spa though, where shorts are not allowed.

John
Well I guess you will be getting ready to go now so drive safe and have a fantastic time. Say hello to Peter in the bar and David the entertainments manager please. Take care and enjoy.

John
wow what a fabulous site! we loved it,and the stunning scenery around and about :tup

had fabulous weather ( which always helps!)
we have decided to return for half term again next year

The in laws live about an hour away ,and so came to visit us onsite for one of the days

can see us being regulars to Brittany now :cheers

Hope you are having a fab time too :)
And what WAS the outcome your question about male swimwear on this site?

Glad you had a good time ... but think you took the sunshine back to the UK with you!! ;)
oops sorrryyyyyy :( ! lol

swimshorts are allowed :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.