General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Have you considered Florida? No chance of boredom and if you avoid Easter you might be able to get a bargain.
Florida would be good if you fancy long haul, although I am assuming as you have 3 kids you will not want to take them out of school for 2 weeks, and it is busy there over the Easter break, but they will not be bored there and its good for all ages.

If you want to go to Sharm, perhaps you should look at one of the hotels with its own waterpark, like the Aqua Blu, although there are no guarantees that the teenager wont get bored, but if you are there during Easter Holidays there will be loads of other kids as all the All Inclusive Hotels in Sharm are popular with families. You could also look at the Hilton Sharks Bay, Coral Sea resort, Red Sea Holiday Village all have multipule pools. They have problems there with Sharks at the moment though so not sure if you should build their hopes up about spending a long time in the sea.

There are other organised trips like quad bikes in the dessert and star gazing that the teenager might like, plus you can go into Namma Bay for a mooch about - Namma Bay is a bit of a like it or loath it kind of place, but kids might think all the hassle and hubbub is fun and a laugh !

The only other bet I suppose is one of the busier canary islands, Tenerife maybe, I'm sure there would be lots for them there if you pick the right hotel, but you would need to do a bit of reading to find out what resort suits or perhaps post on the Tenerife forum, and ask a few questions there.

Good Luck, so difficult to get the balance right when you are trying to please everyone.

Doe :sun2
williamrobb88 ... this is now the 31st topic which you have started on the forums over the years to ask for help for your family or friends. None of those requests has ever gone unanswered and some members have spent a great deal of time and effort trying to help. However, you rarely acknowledge any of the helpful replies received and you never return to the topics afterwards to let members know how the holidays went and how useful the info was.

Is a little courtesy, respect and feedback too much to ask ?

David :wave
Fair point David!

In future I will post feedback on peoples comments. However, while I accept that I have been less than grateful when people have taken the time to comment on my posts I suggest YOU brush up on your manners too! I stand corrected and apologise to contributors to my threads for my lack of feed back previously. You! If I was you I'd take a little of your own advice and brush up on some manners yourself. Just because you're a Mod doesn't give you the right to leave posts like that!

I suggest that other mods reading this take a look at my comments and acknowledge my apology and acknowledge that I have accepted my wrongs. I also expect other mods to look at your ignorant comments and remove your privileged status as a Mod.

I don't mind being corrected where due but I do take issue to being chastised by an Ignoramus like you!
I do hope that I'm not alone in hoping that David's status as a Mod won't be withdrawn - he has put a lot of time into working on this board and must spend hours trawling the Net for other information that he thinks members will find helpful judging by the posts he makes containing excellent links to further information on the latest news affecting travellers.

We can all have our off days and I can sympathise with his frustration when faced with posters who make frequent requests for help but seem to rarely reply to others' requests for help and assistance. Yes, David's comments were direct and to the point but personally I don't think that they were discourteous or ignorant and nor he is the first to comment on how frustrating regulars who go out of their way to reply and make helpful suggestions find it when they receive no thanks for it.

I'm sure that once you join in the discussions here and help others as well as requesting help then you'll appreciate that this is one of the friendliest and most courteous holiday boards around.

SM

PS Congratulations on your marriage and growing family - after being a lone parent for some years it must be lovely and I hope that your son is enjoying having company even if a kid brother and sister can sometimes feel tiresome when you are a teenager. :)
Fair point David!

In future I will post feedback on peoples comments. However, while I accept that I have been less than grateful when people have taken the time to comment on my posts I suggest YOU brush up on your manners too! I stand corrected and apologise to contributors to my threads for my lack of feed back previously. You! If I was you I'd take a little of your own advice and brush up on some manners yourself. Just because you're a Mod doesn't give you the right to leave posts like that!

I suggest that other mods reading this take a look at my comments and acknowledge my apology and acknowledge that I have accepted my wrongs. I also expect other mods to look at your ignorant comments and remove your privileged status as a Mod.

I don't mind being corrected where due but I do take issue to being chastised by an Ignoramus like you

Whilst you may have apologised..that does not make your post or your personal attack acceptable. In fact, you are bang out of order mate.
As for David having his status removed.. :rofl he is merely pointing out what many regular posters have said over the years about people that post questions and cannot be arsed to respond or have the common courtesy to acknowledge the assistance they have received.
williamrobb88 wrote:
Fair point David!

I don't mind being corrected where due but I do take issue to being chastised by an Ignoramus like you!

I don't think you are in a position to ask David to brush up on his manners when you are so clearly lacking in them yourself. I was brought up with good manners, and that includes saying thankyou, and you know it's not that difficult to say. If anyone had to remind me that my manners were lacking in any way I would accept the criticism in good grace. The only times I have encountered a reaction like yours is if it has touched a raw nerve.

Your reply to David is completley uncalled for, and if you think being a mod is a privileged position then you are the ignoramus.
I must admit that I do agree that it is frustrating when people take the time and effort to reply to a post, the OP then takes the information and you don't see them until the next lot of queries/requests and a simple thank you would go a long way. As for David's status, I think David alongside all the other Mods do a fabulous job, FOR FREE - and whilst they expect nothing a little courtesy I'm sure would go a long way. I personally have found David to be a lovely chap always helpful - I guess it comes down to treat people as you wish to be treated :tup

:offtop Van - if you see this - maybe going back to the other thread a few days ago it could be looked at to add the 'thanks' button
williamrobb88 wrote:
Fair point David!

I can't see nothing ignorant in David's comments and nothing wrong with his manners. On the contrary, your post is the one lacking manners and showing ignorance.
Van - if you see this - maybe going back to the other thread a few days ago it could be looked at to add the 'thanks' button

Seen...but I don't want to take this off topic so will respond in the other topic...Ta

Regards

Van
David - please don't pay any attention to those comments. There's nothing wrong with your manners!
I've always found your posts helpful and to the point.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.